NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
WWE stars Sasha Banks and Naomi have been suspended indefinitely after coming out on “Monday Night Raw” earlier in the week, SmackDown announcer Michael Cole said Friday.
Cole, alongside Pat McAfee, said on the blue brand that a future tournament will determine the new WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE AT FOXNEWS.COM
“Talk about what happened last Monday night when Sasha Banks and Naomi let us all down. The WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions left the show and walked out of the building during ‘Monday Night Raw’. They were supposed to participate in this. The main event. The 6-pack challenge where the winners would be next to face Bianca Belair for the RAW Women’s Championship,” Cole said.
“However, Sasha and Naomi took the Tag Team Championships to our Talent Relations Manager’s office, left them there, and promptly left the arena. Their actions disappointed millions of WWE fans and fellow WWE fans. superstars.”
JOHN CENA TALKS ABOUT POTENTIAL RETURN TO WWE FOR HIS 20TH ANNIVERSARY
WWE revealed on Monday night that Banks, real name Mercedes Varnado, and Naomi, real name Trinity Fatu, walked into the office of WWE Talent Relations Manager John Laurinaitis, placed a suitcase on his office with their championships and went out.
Banks and Naomi won the Tag Team Championship at WrestleMania Night 2 against Carmella and Queen Zelina. It’s their first victory as a team and the third for Banks and the first for Naomi individually.
On Friday night, they were still on the WWE roster as champions, but their merchandise was removed from the WWE Store.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
The two WWE superstars did not respond to the controversy.