Testimony from a woman accusing Benjamin Mendy of grabbing her by the crotch and mimicking a sexual gesture at a party at his house was released on Tuesday during the footballer’s trial in Chester, northern England. ‘England. The 28-year-old world champion is charged with eight rapes, an attempted rape and a sexual assault in England, which he denies. The facts allegedly took place between October 2018 and August 2021 at his home in Prestbury, Cheshire. He faces life imprisonment.
“I was shocked”
On Tuesday, the hearing of a woman accusing the footballer of grabbing her crotch while he was crossing her was broadcast to the jury.
“He kind of grabbed my vulva and I immediately stopped and thought, ‘What just happened?'” she told officers. “I think I was just taken aback because I was shocked and then I realized what just happened,” the woman continued.
She said that a little later, Benjamin Mendy had “made the gesture of giving (him) a cunnilingus” while they were summed up in a bathroom. “I don’t understand where it came from because there was little conversation,” she said, explaining that it had “shocked” her.
She “tried to keep her distance”, in vain
She explained that the footballer had “pulled out his tongue as if he was licking (it)”. She claimed to have then “tried to keep her distance” from Benjamin Mendy, but said he approached her again the same evening, telling her “You are more beautiful when you smile”.
The footballer asked her why she was angry, to which she replied: “because of the way you touched me” or “because of what you did”, she told the police , explaining that the footballer then began to apologize.
During this trial, the prosecution presented Benjamin Mendy as a “predator” who abused “vulnerable, terrified and isolated” victims. Last week, an alleged victim of the footballer claimed he tried to get her silence after he raped her three times.
He is on trial alongside another man, Louis Saha Matturie -unrelated to former footballer Louis Saha-, determined for his part for eight rapes and four sexual assaults on eight women between July 2012 and August 2021. The latter has he also pleaded not guilty.