By Gaël Arcuset
See my news
Several mayors of Gironde are invited to the ElyséeWednesday November 22, 2023, by the President of the Republic, Emmanuel Macron.
According to our information, the head of state must thank the elected officials “ for their commitment (…) in a unique context (summer riots, climatic events, violence against elected officials).”
Eleven mayors of Gironde invited by Emmanuel Macron
In total, eleven mayors of the department are invited to the Elysée Palace. This Tuesday, November 21, 2023, their name was revealed:
- Fabienne Fonteneau, mayor of Saint-Denis-de-Pile
- Blandine Sarrazin, mayor of Barp
- Christelle Guionie, mayor of Sainte-Foy-la-Grande
- Richard Barbe, mayor of Cadillac-en-Fronsadais
- Patrice Murat, mayor of Saint-Genès-de-Fronsac
- Lionel Montillaud, mayor of Sainte-Hélène
- Jérémie Gaillard, mayor of Caudrot
- Florence Legrand, mayor of Gravan-et-L’Hôpital
- Michel Dufranc, mayor of La Brède
- Karine Nouette-Gaulain, mayor of the Temple
- Mylène Doreau, mayor of Guillos.
Mayors of Gironde who already know the Elysée
For some of these elected officials, this is not a first. Mylène Doreau, strongly mobilized during the Landiras firewho had hit her village hard, is invited for the second time to the Elysée.
Jérémie Gaillard, the mayor of Caudrot, had walked to Paris and pushed open the door of the Elysée afterwards. a 650 km journey on foot. After an interview with Dominique Faure, Minister of Territorial Communities and Rural Affairs, the councilor was, at the time, received by the Territories advisor of the Presidency of the Republic.
The conclusions of the Woerth mission on decentralization
“The president’s speech will also be an opportunity to highlight awareness of the exercise of an increasingly difficult mandate and the responses that the State has provided in terms of the fight against attacks, as well as those intended to improve the conditions for its exercise,” it says.
Emmanuel Macron will also take this opportunity to present the conclusions of the mission entrusted to Eric Woerth on decentralization.
Follow all the news from your favorite cities and media by subscribing to Mon Actu.
Gn headline FR