Some of the more popular NFT projects revolve around a game-to-win system. These projects allow users to earn real money by playing a game associated with the NFT project. Wolf Game is 1 in these projects, hoping to create a game system to win. By incorporating its own token into a strategic game, Wolf Game hopes to attract new players and create an even larger ecosystem. However, the project carries great risks with anonymous developers and rumors of exploits in the ecosystem. At the time of writing, the game was on hiatus. As with all crypto projects, be sure to do your own research before making any investment decisions.
Wolf game preview
Wolf Game uses a unique system to power their game. If a user was lucky enough to create an NFT for 0.069420 Ethereum (ETH), they can wager their NFT to earn a currency called WOOL. Typing an NFT means that users can purchase a random NFT from the collection at a fixed price.
When a user created an NFT Wolf Game, they had a 90% chance of receiving a sheep and a 10% chance of receiving a wolf. As the name suggests, wolves dominate the game and are much more sought after.
Users can wager their NFT Wolf Games to win $ WOOL, an ERC-20 token. However, the system is different for wolves and sheep. Sheep can earn up to 10,000 WOOL (about $ 1,200 at the time of writing) each day. WOOL can currently only be sold on Uniswap. However, there is a 50% chance that the accumulated WOOL will be stolen by a wolf when users go to cash. In addition to this, a 20% tax is charged on WOOL sold and distributed to Wolf holders.
Wolves automatically earn 20% of all WOOL sold by sheep. Wolves also have a 10% chance to steal new mints. The rarer the wolf, the more chance the holder has of stealing a new mint. Wolves are more sought after because they are rarer. This means that Wolves will sell for more on the aftermarket. Sheep sell for less in the secondary market, and winnings have a 50% chance of being stolen.
However, the game can be seen through a theoretical lens of games. If all the sheep decide to keep their WOOL, then the wolves will not make any money. If the sheep sell their WOOL, the wolves will make a big profit. In Wolf Game, the results are mostly decided by the sheep.
Many NFT projects have used a staking system, but Wolf Game adds an element of risk and strategy. For more information on tokenomics, see the wolf game white paper.
History of the wolf game
Wolf Game premiered in November 2021 and quickly took the internet by storm. NFT’s main influencers announced their support for the project and it quickly gained momentum. It drove up the prices.
NFTs cost around $ 300, but some users were able to sell them for up to $ 85,500. These insane returns, combined with support from key players in the NFT space, have caused the hype surrounding the project to skyrocket.
However, the project quickly encountered technical difficulties. The coin acceptors found a feat that allowed them to revive their mint until they got a wolf. However, this was quickly fixed. While the issue appears to be resolved, typing has been halted for the time being.
Is the wolf game useful?
Apart from its use in the game, Wolf Game has no real use. In fact, the project’s token, WOOL, also has minimal use. The developers said, “WOOL is designed for one and only one purpose: to enable you to create more NFTs within the Wolf Game ecosystem. WOOL does not have any functionality other than that of the Wolf Game ecosystem, and it cannot be purchased from The Wolf Game Developers. The developers of Wolf games do not or do not intend to provide a secondary market.
Users will not be able to sell their wool tokens for fiat (USD). The only use of the token is to buy more NFTs. WOOL also cannot be used to purchase NFTs until 10,000 NFTs have been minted. With the strike on hold, some are speculating if this will ever happen.
Where to buy NFT Wolf Game
At the moment, the only place to buy a Wolf Game NFT is in the aftermarket. OpenSea is a platform that hosts Wolf Game and allows users to purchase NFTs from the project. However, only a handful of NFT is available for purchase. This is because over 90% of Wolf Game NFTs are currently staked and most unstaked NFTs are not offered for sale.
While there are only a few Wolf Game NFTs to buy, that could easily change. If the project reopens typing, users may want to purchase an NFT to return it. Another way that more NFT could become available is if the sheep decide not to sell their WOOL. In this situation, the value of a wolf would become less because it does not bring in wool. If this happens, users can decide to sell their Wolf NFTs.
How to store the wolf game safely
If you are looking to buy a Wolf Game NFT, you will need a place to store it. A wallet is required for buying and selling NFT. Wallets store information from the NFT and allow you to prove that you are the sole owner. However, you might want a secure wallet to store your NFTs. When you own a coveted NFT like Wolf Game, hackers can see it and try to steal the NFT from you. For this reason, safety should be taken into account when choosing a place to store your DTVs.
Hardware wallets are a form of wallet that requires the presence of a physical device in order to send cryptos or NFTs. It is arguably the safest way to store crypto. Ledger is one of the best producers of hardware wallets and also supports the Ethereum blockchain, on which Wolf Game is created. Ledger offers 2 models of hardware wallets: the Nano S and the Nano X. The Nano S is designed for novice crypto users while the Nano X is designed for more advanced users.
Wolf game against competitors
Wolf Game sets itself apart from the competition by creating a strategic game system to win. Sheep keepers can decide how much risk they are willing to take and can earn rewards based on that risk tolerance. However, other projects offer a staking system where salable crypto is earned. WOOL cannot be sold which limits the overall utility of the project.
Benzinga has developed a specific methodology for classifying cryptocurrency exchanges and tools. We prioritized platforms based on offers, prices and promotions, customer service, mobile app, user experience and benefits, and security. To see a full breakdown of our methodology, please visit our Cryptocurrency Methodology page.