Manchester City have the chance to get their hands on the Premier League trophy against West Ham this weekend.
Pep Guardiola’s side will be six points clear of Liverpool, who are in the FA Cup final the day before, with another win.
City bounced back in their bid to retain the title after exiting the Champions League by beating Wolves 5-1 in midweek.
But West Ham showed no signs of a European hangover after they fought back from their Europa League semi-final heartbreak by beating Norwich 4-0.
The Hammers are also eager to move up the Europa League places and secure another European trip next season.
West Ham v Man City: Start date and time
This Premier League clash will take place on Sunday, May 15.
Kick-off at the London Stadium is scheduled for 2 p.m.
West Ham are winless in 12 Premier League games against City but knocked them out of the Carabao Cup earlier this season.
West Ham v Man City: TV Channel and Live Stream
This game will be shown live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League with live coverage from 1pm.
Sky Sports customers can stream this live through the app using their mobile devices, tablets or computers.
Alternatively, you can buy a Sky Sports Day Pass from NowTV for £9.99.
Updates will also be live on talkSPORT throughout the afternoon.
To tune into talkSPORT or talkSPORT 2, click HERE for the live stream.
- Application iPhone– Download from the Apple store
- android– Download from Google Play
- Radio– talkSPORT is available across the UK via DAB digital radio and on 1089 or 1053 AM
- TV –Listen to talkSPORT via your TV on the following channels:Sky:Channel 0108Blank media:Channel 927Freeview:Channel 723Freesat:Channel 731
Most Read Football
Salah and Van Dijk provide injury update as Liverpool fans receive even more good news
FA Cup final LIVE: REACTION as Liverpool beat Chelsea again on penalties
Only Ronaldo has finished club football faster than Liverpool’s ‘best player’ in cup victory
Haaland bids farewell with a goal but fans pay the biggest tribute to the icon who signed him
Forest have a dismal play-off record and need to bounce back to in-form Sheffield United
Wagatha Christie lawsuit ’embarrassing’ as Jordan sends message to Vardy and Rooney
West Ham v Man City: Team news
The hosts have new injuries to contend with as Said Benhrama, Craig Dawson and Michail Antonio all picked up knocks at Carrow Road.
David Moyes is already without Angelo Ogbonna in the long term, but Issa Diop is closing in on a return from his own ankle problem.
Meanwhile, City are dealing with their own defensive crisis with the likes of Kyle Walker, John Stones and Ruben Dias sidelined for the season.
Aymeric Laporte and makeshift centre-back Fernandinho later suffered minor injuries in the win over Wolves.
West Ham v Man City: What was said?
Guardiola: “Everyone who works knows how difficult it is and how proud we are of what we do and we hope to continue doing it.
“We know how difficult it is, it’s important what we think and it’s impressive, so impressive what we’ve done in the Premier League.”
West Ham v Man City: Facts of the game
- Man City’s Kevin De Bruyne has been involved in 13 goals in his last eight Premier League appearances (8 goals, 5 assists), as he enjoys his best goalscoring campaign for the Citizens in the league (15 goals) and all competitions (19) .
- Michail Antonio has scored nine Premier League goals this season and could become the first player to score at least 10 in three consecutive top campaigns for West Ham since Tony Cottee (five between 1983-84 and 1987-88).
- Man City’s Raheem Sterling has been involved in 14 goals in 16 Premier League games against West Ham (8 goals, 6 assists), more than he has against any other team. Nine of them have come in five appearances at the London Stadium (4 goals, 5 assists), including a hat-trick in August 2019.
- Manchester City have become the first team in English top-flight history to win five consecutive league games by a margin of at least three goals. Victory here will leave them one point away from claiming their eighth top-flight title, their sixth in the Premier League and their fourth in the past five seasons.
- It will be West Ham’s 22nd Premier League game on a Sunday this season, with only Tottenham in 2020-21 (25) playing more on this day in a single campaign. After winning five of their first seven such games this season (L2), the Hammers have only won four of their next 14 (D3 L7).
- West Ham have scored in all 18 of their Premier League home games this season. Only twice have they managed to score in 100% of their home matches over an entire league season, in 1980-81 (second tier) and 1926-27 (top tier).
- Manchester City lost their last away league game last season, losing 3-2 at Brighton. They haven’t done so in consecutive campaigns since a run of four between 2005-06 and 2008-09.
- West Ham won their last Premier League game against the league leaders, beating Chelsea 3-2 in December. They haven’t won such back-to-back games since netting the double against Manchester United in 2006-07, while they haven’t beaten two different top-flight teams in a campaign since 1982- 83 (Liverpool and Man Utd).
- After winning their first five games against West Ham at the London Stadium in all competitions (22 goals scored and one conceded), Man City are winless in their last two trips there (D2). That includes a goalless draw and eventual League Cup penalty shoot-out loss earlier this season.
- West Ham are winless in 12 Premier League games against Manchester City (D2 L10) since a 2-1 win at the Etihad in September 2015.
bet of the weekend
Sky Bet: Man City, Aston Villa and Leicester all up for grabs – raised to 5/1 (was 4/1)
18+. The T&Cs apply. Begambleaware.org.