“We will see what will happen”


Frank Warren has hinted that Tyson Fury’s fight with Anthony Joshua could still go ahead, but only if AJ’s team pays off the contract quickly.

The biggest fight in British boxing history has been set for December 3 at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff this year after AJ accepted the offer of a 60/40 split.

Fury lost patience with AJ’s camp, Warren says
“We will see what will happen”
Warren believes a deal can still be done, provided Joshua’s camp responds quickly
Getty

The two sides have been in contract talks since last week, with the Gypsy King setting Joshua’s camp a deadline of Monday to return documents and formalize the fight.

But taking to social media shortly after 5pm on Monday, Fury said the fight was over after receiving no official response from AJ’s team.

However, appearing on talkSPORT Drive, Fury promoter Frank Warren hinted the deal could still be done.

He said: “We are trying to do that by today. We are working very hard to get it through.

“If everyone agreed on everything, it would be a huge undertaking, but we could do it this way.

“Tyson told me what he wanted. They’ve had the contract for ten days and he’s losing patience.


“We will see what will happen”
Joshua agreed to a 60/40 split but has yet to turn in the necessary paperwork
Instagram: @anthonyjoshua

“We’re trying to make it work and we had a good meeting today so we’ll see what happens.”

Asked what the heist is, Warren replied: “We are waiting for it [the contract] coming back is not coming back, the contract, and we are waiting for it to come back.

“We agreed on some things, we’ve been waiting for it to come back and we’ve been waiting for ten days, so I have no idea.

“There is nothing as far as we are concerned. We thought we had passed it, more or less.

“We will see what will happen”
Fury was unimpressed when he took to Instagram to declare the fight over
Instagram: @tysonfury
“We will see what will happen”
It remains to be seen if the biggest fight in British boxing history will take place
Getty

“They have the contract, they have to come back to us now. There were a lot of conversations but they didn’t come back.

“My son, George, spoke to the other side and said they would get him back, so we are still waiting for him.”

When asked why they had to respond on Monday, Warren replied, “We keep pushing it back.

“We are not that far from December 3. We have to put it up for sale. The place is booked but there is a lot of organization involved.

Over the weekend, Fury said he had lost his patience and would instead face Mahmoud Charr on December 3 if Joshua did not sign on Monday, but it remains to be seen who the Gypsy King will face next. approaching the moment of decision.


Sports

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button