Watch INDIA vs New Zealand LIVE
IND vs NZ 3rd T20 – India play XI Ahmedabad T20 – Indian fly-half striker Prithvi Shaw can end his international…
IND vs NZ 3rd T20 – India playing XI Ahmedabad T20 – Indian fly-half striker Prithvi Shaw can end his international cricket exile today. Shaw, who is yet to open his T20I RUNS tally, can be drafted into the Indian game XI for the 3rd T20 decider against New Zealand today. Head coach Rahul Dravid and batting coach Vikram Rathour spoke during practice. The final decision on Shaw’s inclusion will be made prior to the game. Also, the team is yet to make a final decision whether to bring in Umran Malik for Yuzvendra Chahal or not? Follow India vs New Zealand live updates with InsideSport.IN.
Two big decisions regarding the pending XI game?
- Prithvi Shaw replaces Shubman Gill?
- Umran Malik in place of Yuzvendra Chahal?
“Although nothing is finalized at this stage, but sooner or later he will have to take a look. In all likelihood, Prithvi will play the 3rd T20 as the team is keen to give him an opportunity,” informed a source close to the management of the Indian team.
Who opens for India in Ahmedabad?
- Prithvi Shaw: The one and only T20 International he played was against Sri Lanka in June 2021. He couldn’t open his account
- Shubman Gill: 5 games – 76 RUNS @ 15.2 average. His scores in this series are 7 and 11.
- Ishan Kishan: 26 games – 652 runs @ 26 / His scores this series 4 and 19.
IND vs NZ: Lucknow Pitch Curator REMOVED after horrible pitch conditions in India…
IND vs AUS Test Series: Ahead Of Border Gavaskar Trophy, Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma take ANOTHER SPIRITUAL JOURNEY, visit…
IND vs NZ 3rd T20 LIVE: Prithvi Shaw RETURNS? Dravid and Rathour chat during training, decision on Gill ahead of draw: follow INDIA vs New Zealand live
Why should Prithvi Shaw be in the XI for the 3rd T20? More than Gill’s performance in the T20s so far, Shaw will be in XI as the team management is keen to give him an opportunity before the series ends.
It is the year of the ODI World Cup and India will hardly play any T20 International cricket until the Mega-Event in OCTOBER in India. This is why coach Rahul DRAVID is keen to give Shaw a chance in Ahmedabad.
Former India fly-half Gautam Gambhir also resents Gill’s ‘base game’ more suitable for ODI cricket than T20 cricket. On the contrary, Prithvi Shaw is a player whose ‘base game’ more suitable for the shorter format.
“He still hasn’t found his feet in the T20 format, when it comes to playing international cricket. Sometimes you have to play at a different tempo. His basic game suits the 50-over format. Someone like Prithvi Shaw, his basic instinctive game is made for T20 cricket. Shubman Gill is someone whose basic game is designed for the 50-over format. How quickly he learns and adapts to this format will decide whether he will be able to play all three formats,” Gambhir asserted.
ND vs NZ 3rd T20 – What other changes in Playing XI? India played with four spinners in the Lucknow squad, including two full-time leg spinners. But the composition may change depending on the terrain in Ahmedabad. Ahmedabad has produced good, bad and bad pitches for batters over the past three games in all formats.
In Tests he was a rank returner, in ODIs he was a two-pace wicket while in the last T20 he was batting heaven. Therefore, it’s still unclear how the pitch will perform on Wednesday.
IND vs NZ 3rd T20: What to expect in India with XI 3rd T20?
- India’s record 12 consecutive home series is on the line.
- Unless India make some adjustments to their stick, their winning streak could end.
- Shubman and Ishan both struggled and one could make way for Prithvi Shaw.
- While Shubman seems like the perfect choice to drop Prithvi, India could choose to switch Ishan up nicely.
- However, judging by the latest T20 on the site, this will be tough ground to beat.
- The last T20 on the site was the IPL 2022 final and both teams struggled to organize races.
- The last ODI was no different at the Narendra Modi Stadium either.
- If it’s two beats again, India can stick with a slower pitcher like Yuzvendra Chahal.
- However, if the ground improves, Umran Malik can replace Chahal.
In the bowling department, India trusted Arshdeep Singh despite his declining form. Along with him, Shivam Mavi will also continue. But unlike Lucknow T20 where India played 4 spinners (Kuldeep, Chahal, Deepak Hooda and Washington Sundar), the strategy will change.
Predicted India to play XI:
- Shubman Gill / Prithvi Shaw
- Ishan Kishan (WK)
- Rahul Tripathi
- Suryakumar Yadav
- Hardik Pandya (C)
- Deepak Hooda
- Washington Sundar
- Shivam Mavi
- Kuldeep Yadav
- Yuzvendra Chahal / Umran Malik
- Arshdeep Singh
India’s wicket-striker Dinesh Karthik wants India to include an extra batter instead of a bowler.
“If the wicket is similar or slightly better, they can add a batter. It will definitely be Jitesh Sharma. If an average pacemaker isn’t playing enough, it’s better to have a hitter. But if the wicket helps the pace, then Umran Malik will definitely be the man. Dinesh Karthik told Cricbuzz.
India NZ T20 squad: Hardik Pandya (captain), Suryakumar Yadav (vice-captain), Ishan Kishan (wk), Shubman Gill, Deepak Hooda, Rahul Tripathi, Jitesh Sharma (wk), Washington Sundar, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Arshdeep Singh, Umran Malik, Shivam Mavi, Prithvi Shaw, Mukesh Kumar
Follow InsideSport on GOOGLE NEWS / Follow IND vs NZ live updates with InsideSport.IN.