Warner Bros. Discovery to cancel CNN+ just 23 days after launch announcement

Warner Bros. Discovery will shut down CNN+ 23 days after the streaming service’s announcement.

Warner Bros. Discovery will take down the streaming service on April 30 just after CNN after registering less than 10,000 daily views, according to reports. This decision comes after the acquisition of CNN by the parent company, Variety reported:

Spokespersons for CNN and Warner Bros. Discovery could not be reached for immediate comment. The decision ends a company that people familiar with the matter say has angered David Zaslav, the new CEO of Warner Bros. Discovery, right from the start. Zaslav was annoyed by the decision of Jason Kilar, the former CEO of WarnerMedia when he was at AT&T, to launch CNN+ just weeks before Discovery took over.

Chris Licht, CNN’s new CEO, sent a memo to staff members Thursday morning regarding “an important meeting” to be held at noon, and is expected to notify employees of the decision at that time, the people said. Licht has already informed Andrew Morse, the executive vice president of CNN who oversees the new streaming video release, of the decision, these people said. Morse could not be reached for immediate comment.

CNN+ had been hit with reports that many employees would be laid off in the coming weeks.

Follow Wendell Husebo on Twitter and Gettr @WendellHusebø. He is the author of Politics of slave morality.




Breitbart

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button