IND vs WI LIVE: Virat Kohli set to play 100th ODI at home The modern run-machine Virat Kohli is ready to play its 100and ODI at home. The 33-year-old will look to make it a moment to remember by ending his curse of the century. Follow India vs West Indies LIVE updates on InsideSport.IN
The former India skipper last slammed an international century in November 2019. There will be high hopes for Kohli when he comes out batting at Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad on Thursday. Fans will be desperately waiting for the talisman to weave its magic again.
IND vs. WI LIVE: Record Alert! Virat Kohli set to play 100th ODI at home, can he finally end century drought after 810 days? Follow live updates
IND vs WI Live: Kuldeep Yadav hints at BIG ODI RETURN, hones skills in latest training session – Check Photos
Some of the records Kohli can break
- Virat Kohli is currently ranked third in the list of most international centuries.
- He’s scored 70 tons in all formats and is just a shy of matching Ricky Ponting’s century tally.
- With an international century eluding the former India captain for two years now, he will be eager to score one in the upcoming series and reach second place.
- If he manages to score two tons in this three-game ODI series, he will overtake Ricky Ponting and be only behind Sachin Tendulkar, who has 100 tons to his name.
- Chasing 176 in the first ODI, Virat Kohli’s poor shot selection left a lot to ponder.
- It’s been two years since Virat last scored a century and in the first ODI against Windies it looked like Virat was a bit arrogant in his style of play and he played aerial shots quite early in his innings .
- He eventually came out hooking a bouncer and he just managed to score eight runs.
Last ton against the West Indies
Virat Kohli had broken his last ODI century against West Indies in August 2019. He can break his spell against Men in Maroon at home. He scored 2243 points in 40 games against West Indies, which includes a record 9 centuries. However, he will aim for the 1st ton in Ahmedabad.
The burden of the captaincy is lifted
Virat Kohli was removed from the captaincy of all three formats. He’s likely to use the situation to make the most of it as a suitable batsman. He can also reinstate his name at the top when it comes to running chases. He won’t have to work on anything other than the stick and the pitch, other than giving crucial advice to Rohit Sharma when needed.
Virat Kohli in the ODIs
IND vs. WI LIVE: Record Alert! Virat Kohli set to play 100th ODI at home, can he end drought of the century after 810 days? Follow live updates
IND vs WI Live: Suryakumar Yadav ready to be India’s sixth bowling option – SKY says ‘Ready to play if needed’
For more sports news and India vs West Indies LIVE updates, follow us on InsideSport.IN
– Advertising –