Skip to content
“Victor” Kouchner filed a complaint against his stepfather Olivier Duhamel

Published on :

“Victor” Kouchner has for the first time brought a complaint against his father-in-law Olivier Duhamel, after the charges of incest brought by his twin sister Camille Kouchner in the book “La Familia Grande”.

“Victor” Kouchner who, according to his twin sister Camille, was sexually assaulted as a teenager by his father-in-law, the political scientist Olivier Duhamel, for the first time lodged a complaint, Tuesday January 26, against the latter, announced to AFP his lawyer in a press release.

“In the context of the ‘Duhamel case’, the alleged victim informed, through his lawyer Me Jacqueline Laffont, that she lodged a complaint against her ex-father-in-law Mr. Olivier Duhamel following the opening of a preliminary investigation conducted by the Paris prosecutor’s office, ”his counsel said in this press release.

This man, now 45 years old, was heard on January 21 by the police officers of the Brigade for the protection of minors (BPM) in charge of the investigation opened for “rape and sexual assault by a person having authority over a minor of 15 years” .

>> To read: One year after the Matzneff affair, political scientist Olivier Duhamel accused of incest in a book

During this hearing, he returned at length to the facts revealed by his sister in “La Familia Grande”, published on January 7. In this 200-page autobiographical story, the publication of which “Victor” did not oppose, Camille Kouchner accuses Olivier Duhamel, renowned and influential political scientist, former MEP and accustomed to the media, of having sexually assaulted his twin at the late 1980s.

“Victor”, son of former minister Bernard Kouchner and law professor Évelyne Pisier (died in 2017), remarried to Olivier Duhamel, was questioned in a first procedure opened in 2011. But he then refused to file a complaint for these facts, probably prescribed. The investigation had been “closed,” said the Paris prosecutor Rémy Heitz in a statement on January 5, without giving reasons for this decision.

“Identify any other potential victim”

The new investigation opened with the publication of the book aims to verify that the facts are well prescribed since 2003, “to shed light” on this affair and “to identify any other potential victim”, according to Rémy Heitz.

Contacted Tuesday by AFP, Me Frédérique Baulieu, Olivier Duhamel’s lawyer, declined to comment.

Since the publication of the book, these accusations have sparked a wide debate and numerous testimonies on incest, especially on social networks via the hashtag #Metooinceste.

After the revelations, Olivier Duhamel resigned from all of his functions: in addition to the presidency of the National Foundation of Political Sciences (FNSP), which oversees Sciences Po, the political scientist also left that of the influence club “Le Siècle” and stopped its broadcasts on LCI or Europe 1.

Several people around Olivier Duhamel, accused of having been aware of the facts for several years, were splashed by the scandal.

The prefect of Île-de-France Marc Guillaume, member of the board of directors of the “Siècle” and ex-secretary general of the government, has left all the functions in which he worked with Olivier Duhamel. Former minister Élisabeth Guigou has left the presidency of the Commission on incest and sexual violence suffered during childhood.

With AFP

.


Source link