Utility bills rise with higher energy costs

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – You can probably expect to see an increase in your utility bill over the next few months.

The Tennessee Valley Authority is experiencing a steep rise in fuel costs, leaving local power companies with no choice but to raise utility prices.

During the rest of July and August, companies expect fuel prices to nearly double. Rates in June rose to 10 cents, then to around 11 cents in July, reaching around 12 cents in August.

World events are driving up the price of natural gas. TVA spokesman Scott Fiedler said they were doing everything possible to provide relief to residents.

“We have optimized our nuclear power plants, and we also have solar production. The good news is that around 60% of everything we produce is carbon free. Therefore, it is not affected by our political events which affect gasoline prices. »

Although 60% of the energy processed is nuclear free, local residents will still pay top dollar for the remaining 40%.

Clever tips like turning your air conditioning up to 78 degrees, grilling instead of using your oven or stove, and closing the blinds can help you save money on utilities.


whnt

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button