Major US stocks are trading in the red at the start of the US session, with the Dow industrial average performing the worst.
A market overview currently shows:
- Industrial average Dow -182 point -0.51% to 35884
- S&P index -15.5 points or -0.34% to 4654.82
- NASDAQ index -25 points or -0.17% to 14915
- the Russell 2000 is down -8.66 points or -0.40% to 2171.15
The NASDAQ index fell below its 200-day moving average yesterday, but rallied and closed almost unchanged that day. The pair is trading between the 100-day moving average at 15272 and its 200-day moving average at 14,699 currently.
In other markets, as stock trading begins, we see:
- Spot gold up $ 5.40 or 0.3% to 1,806.16
- Cash up $ 0.11 or 0.52% to $ 22.55
- WTI crude oil futures rose $ 0.80 to $ 79.08. The high price hit $ 80.12. The low price spread to $ 78.36
- Bitcoin is trading relatively stable at $ 41,390. It went down again about $ 500 on the day
The US debt market:
- 2 years 0.935%, up 3 basis points
- 10 years 1.775%, +1.3 basis point
- 30 years 2.092%, unchanged
In forex, the CAD is the strongest and the JPY is the weakest.