Two West Kelowna Warriors are set to play in the BCHL Top Prospects Game.
Forward Jaiden Moriello and goaltender Justin Katz have been named for the 2023 BCHL Top Prospects Game, which will take place on Friday, January 20 in Penticton to kick off the league’s All-Star Weekend.
In his first season with the Warriors, Moriello has a team-best 13 goals and 10 assists, totaling 23 points on the season. Katz has 11 wins so far this season in his second year with the Warriors. He’s 11-3-1 this year with a 3.11 goals-against average and .900 save percentage.
Moriello is committed to the University of Massachusetts-Lowell for next season while Katz is committed to Cornell University.
Players selected for the BCHL Top Prospects Game must follow a set of criteria:
- · No player born in 2002 is eligible (not draft eligible);
- · Players already drafted by NHL teams are not eligible;
- All players listed by NHL Central on the Players to Watch List (October 2022) receive automatic registration;
- · All players (born 2003 or later) who voted for the All-Star Tournament received automatic entry;
- · NHL Central Scouting sent an additional list of players they wanted to see in the game;
- · Remaining places on the list determined from a survey of regional scouts.
The full list of top prospects can be found at bchl.ca/2023-top-prospects-game-roster.
Moriello, is also the only Warriors representative for the All-Star Game which will take place on Saturday, January 21.
The Top Prospects Game is set for Friday, Jan. 20 at 6 p.m. at the South Okanagan Events Center to kick off the league’s 60th Anniversary All-Star Weekend.
BCHLCity of West KelownahockeyKelownaLocal SportsOkanaganWest Kelowna Warriors