Ultimately, the California recall effort to oust Governor Gavin Newsom (R) was not near and people on social media took every opportunity to let Larry Elder know.
Elder became the face of the Republican side of the recall election with his vow to repeal the mask, the COVID-19 vaccine, and testing requirements in schools and workplaces.
But voters weren’t interested.
Elder’s Twitter critics were only too happy to share the news:
Heard: The vote was so out of balance, it’s basically elder abuse.
– George Takei (@GeorgeTakei) September 15, 2021
Democrats are trying to figure out how to get Larry Elder to run for office in more states.
– Conor Dougherty (@ConorDougherty) September 15, 2021
Hey @larryelder I dare your ass to say that this 30% + loss was rigged. Go ahead, Homeslice. Ride this train to Crazytown and so on.
– George Wallace (@MrGeorgeWallace) September 15, 2021
As one of the few conservative radio hosts not to die of Covid this month, Larry Elder should consider himself lucky
– Ben Wexler (@mrbenwexler) September 15, 2021
California therefore rejected Larry Elder. Weird that a large, racially diverse state doesn’t want to be run by a guy who thinks George Zimmerman is a hero, Stephen Miller should be president, slave owners deserve repairs, COVID should proliferate, and the minimum wage should be $ 0. pic.twitter.com/xeMFduNAtq
– Joy-Ann (Pro-Democracy) Reid 😷 (@JoyAnnReid) September 15, 2021
@msnbc Steve Kornacki calls California Recall for Newsom. No GOP takeover, no Larry Elder. Thank God@
– Morgan Fairchild (@morgfair) September 15, 2021
Who is Larry Elder? I do not remember.
– Richard Cheese get vaccinated and wear a mask (@RichardCheese) September 15, 2021
Trump 2.0 Elder seems like a sad big loser in his bid to become governor of my state. ??
– Andrea Norred (@andreanorred) September 15, 2021
If you have a video of Larry Elder crying, please tag me so I can find it.
I didn’t have a desert tonight.
– Steve Marmel (@Marmel) September 15, 2021