Turbo may be out of stock with a dislocated shoulder as eels sail past sea eagles in a thriller

Parramatta escaped the clutches of the Sea Eagles in a thriller at CommBank Stadium on Friday night, but Manly’s biggest concern is that star full-back Tom Trbojevic could be sidelined for a lengthy layoff after suffering an injury At the shoulder.

The star full-back left the pitch with 15 minutes to play with his left arm wrapped in his shirt like a makeshift scarf after dislocating his shoulder preventing a Parramatta try.

With the NSW State of Origin team set to be selected next Sunday for the June 8 opener, medal winner Dally M doesn’t have much time to recover. He is part of a certain selection for the Blues and his usual central partner, Latrell Mitchell, has already been left out of Origin I due to a hamstring tear.

A 78th-minute try from Will Penisini, followed by a pressure conversion from Mitchell Moses, gave Parra a 22-20 triumph after the Sea Eagles looked set to earn their first scalp of the season after five straight games. defeats in matches against teams in the top half of the competition table.

After toppling Premiers Penrith a fortnight ago, Parra were beaten by the Roosters last week but victory over the Sea Eagles took them to a 7-5 record.

Clint Gutherson thought he had opened the scoring in his 150th NRL game in the opening four minutes when the Eels full-back recovered a ricochet from a high kick, but it was disallowed when Hayze Perham was deemed to have interfered Christian Tuipolotu in the competition.

Manly drew first blood in the 14th minute when a Josh Schuster break eventually led to a long rally along the baseline for Reuben Garrick to land in the corner and convert his efforts into a 6-0 advantage .

Perham, after knocking out Parra’s early points, made amends by cutting down the left edge after a string of passes down the backs.

(Photo by Mark Kolbe/Getty Images)

Tuipolotu made it 12-4 in the 23rd minute when he pounced on a long looping pass from Daly Cherry-Evans into the right corner.

Perham clinched their brace in the 30th minute when Gutherson served up a try on a set with a trick cut pass.

The 12-10 score remained until half-time and the Sea Eagles also had a man advantage at the break when Moses was sent to the sin bin a minute before the interval for a professional foul on Trbojevic as the manly rear was sustaining a Pause.

Trbojevic had no trouble getting clear four minutes into the restart and he exploited the overlap to put center Morgan Harper over the top to extend the lead to six.

Garrick grabbed his second to conjure up the 50th of his career when he pounced on a Kieran Foran grubber shortly after Moses joined the scrum for a 20-10 buffer.

Parra fired back midway through the second half when second rower Shaun Lane deployed a one-handed offload for center Tom Opacic to cut the deficit to four.

Trbojevic injured his shoulder in the 64th minute as he dived to prevent what would have been a rare try by Eels striker Makahesi Makatoa who was disallowed for a fumble in the build-up anyway.

Sea Eagles stalwart Sean Keppie was driven into the trash seven minutes from time for a lifting tackle on Reagan Campbell-Gillard and his absence in the closing stages proved decisive.

Sports Grp2

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.


Friendly bacon buff. Unapologetic problem solver. Avid food lover. Amateur alcoholaholic. Organizer. Student
Back to top button