Tuesday morning, 3 North Alabama stores closed, 250 nationwide
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) – Tuesday Morning, a chain dedicated to selling discount home decor, will close several stores in Alabama.
The company, which currently operates 487 stores in 40 states, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy last month, saying it plans to close stores in low-traffic areas while allocating appropriate resources to remaining stores in areas. with heavy traffic.
As part of the bankruptcy, Tuesday Morning will close more than 250 stores nationwide.
“After considering how best to deal with Tuesday Morning’s extremely heavy debt, we have determined that the best path to reorganize and transform the company begins with a Chapter 11 filing,” said Andrew Berger, CEO and Director of Tuesday Morning. , in a statement provided to businesswire.com. “Fortunately, we have the backing of a committed capital provider in Invictus and a clear vision to transform ourselves into a focused retailer that serves its core heritage markets profitably. We look forward to taking steps that will allow us to emerge as a stronger retailer that builds on a heritage of delivering a unique off-price value proposition to our loyal customer base.We appreciate all of the support from our employees, customers, creditors and other partners as we seek to maintain our business operations with minimal disruption.
This is the second time Tuesday Morning has filed for bankruptcy in three years.
Here is a list of Tuesday morning stores that will close across Alabama:
- Eastwood Village, 1620 Montclair Road, Birmingham
- Riverchase Drive, 1705 Montgomery Highway South, Hoover
- Southland Plaza, 2019 Sixth Avenue SE, Decatur
- Circle West Shopping Centre, 3114 Ross Clark Circle, Dothan
- Westside Center, 6275 University Driver NW, Huntsville
- Northport Plaza, 1695 McFarland Blvd., Northport
- Paradise Isle, 1720 Gulf Shores Parkway, Gulf Shores
- Midtown Mart, 3051 Dauphin Street, Mobile
- Brook Highland Plaza, 5223 US Highway 280, Birmingham
- Bailey Cove Shopping Center, 7900 Bailey Cove Road SE, Huntsville
With the closings, Alabama will have only six stores remaining Tuesday morning.
No date has been set for the stores to close.
Suggest a fix