Tory Lanez arrested after judge says he violated restraining orders in Meg Thee Stallion case


Tory Lanez was handcuffed and taken into custody on Tuesday as part of the 2020 Megan you stallion case of assault.

The judge in his felony assault case increased his bail to $350,000 after he said Lanez violated pretrial protective orders by tweeting about the details of the case. He is being held until he pays the highest bond.

Lanez, née Daystar Peterson, appeared in a Los Angeles court on Tuesday for a preliminary hearing regarding the July 12, 2020, incident in which the Canadian star allegedly shot Megan Thee Stallion multiple times in her feet following a party in Los Angeles outside Kylie Jenner’s house. .

Rapper Tory Lanez performs at HOT 97 Summer Jam 2018 at MetLife Stadium on June 10, 2018 in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

Judge David Herriford, presiding over the case, found that Lanez violated court orders barring him from contacting or harassing Megan or sharing any findings in the case, according to Rolling Stone. Lanez had posted apparent details of the case on Twitter.

The “Broke in a Minute” rapper was charged on Oct. 8, 2020 with one count of assaulting the Grammy winner with a semi-automatic firearm in a manner that “personally inflicted grievous bodily harm and one count of carrying a concealed charged device. and an unregistered firearm in a vehicle, Rolling Stone reported.

Under the terms of the protective order, Lanez had been prohibited from contacting or approaching within 100 yards of Megan. He had previously had his bail increased when he took the stage at the Rolling Loud music festival in July 2021, where she also performed.

During the festival, the Houston rapper’s team insisted that Lanez was within 100 yards of them. Consequently, his bail increased from $190,000 to $250,000 in August.

Megan has previously opened up about the sexism and indifference she faced after being assaulted.

“I’m not afraid of criticism. We live in a country where we have the freedom to criticize elected officials. And it’s ridiculous that some people think the simple phrase “Protect black women” is controversial. We deserve to be protected as human beings,” she wrote in a New York Times op-ed titled “Why I Speak Up for Black Women.”

Lanez has pleaded not guilty and faces a maximum sentence of 22 years and eight months behind bars if convicted. according to Variety. The trial is due to begin on September 14.




huffpost

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button