Lost Ark servers will be temporarily down today for weekly maintenance as Smilegate will look to fix in the April 28, 2022 update.
The update will be quite large and the server downtime should last about five hours. However, updates may take longer to update and players wishing to start the game may have to wait a bit longer.
According to the MMO’s official Twitter account, the Lost Ark servers will be down today at 12:00 PT / 7:00 UTC / 9:00 CEST in all regions for the new patch.
This article provides a brief overview and includes all the main highlights of the update.
Official Lost Ark Weekly Patch Notes for April 28
1) Express Mission Event
- Added functionality that allows players to change their Express Mission event character if the event’s T1 and T2 honing perks have not been used before.
- Players can only change their designated character for the express mission event once.
- Please note that if a player deletes their express mission event character, they will not be able to designate a new one.
- Updated the event so that only level 50 characters with an item level below 1100 can be designated as express mission event characters.
- Updated the engravings available in the engraving selection chests provided by the Mission express event. All engravings will now be available, and all claimed and unused selection chests will be retroactively updated to include the full selection of engravings.
- Updated the end date displayed in the Event menu to reflect the July 28 event end date.
- Players will still need to choose a character to participate in the express mission event before the selection period ends on June 30, but will be able to complete quests with their character until July 28.
2) Guardian Raid Event
- Extended the occasional Guardian Raid event until May 19 to support player progression ahead of the May content update.
- Adjusted the reward expiration dates for items obtained through the Guardian Raid event to reflect the new end date of May 19.
- Updated the rewards available during the Guardian Raid event.
- Gem chests have been removed in order to combat over-breeding of robots.
The following items have been added to the weekly reward pool:
- Legendary – Rare Card Pack (3)
- Regulus Light Currency Chest (1)
- Unusual Class Engraving Chest (10)
- Unusual Battle Engraving Chest (10)
- Rare Class Engraving Chest (10)
- Rare Battle Engraving Chest (10)
- Epic Class Engraving Chest (10)
- Epic Battle Engraving Chest (10)
3) Additional fixes
- Replaced gold rewards from various early world and stronghold quests with a variety of new rewards to prevent bot farming.
- Updated Xereon’s dialogue during the Temporary Alliance quest in South Vern.
- Fixed an issue that caused debug text to display when placing an item in the Stronghold.
- Updated the expiration date of claimed Feiton Powerpasses to reflect the correct date of June 30.
- Please note that all Feiton Powerpasses will expire on June 30, regardless of when they were claimed.
The developers also mentioned that they are currently targeting the third week of May for the next content update. Lost Ark fans looking for a detailed description of the update can check out the official Smilegate website.