NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Buckingham Palace has said Queen Elizabeth II, who has recently recovered from COVID-19, will not attend a Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey next week.
The palace said on Friday that the 95-year-old monarch had asked her eldest son, Prince Charles, to represent her at Monday’s service celebrating Britain and the international grouping based around its former colonies.
QUEEN ELIZABETH II TALKS WITH JUSTIN TRUDEAU, FIRST MEETING IN PERSON SINCE FIGHT AGAINST COVID
The palace said the Queen plans to continue with other scheduled engagements next week, including in-person audiences.
The Queen tested positive for COVID-19 on February 20 and is believed to have mild symptoms. She resumed her in-person engagements this week, meeting Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau at Windsor Castle on Monday and later meeting the head of Britain’s armed forces.
PRINCE CHARLES CONDEMNS RUSSIAN INVASION OF UKRAINE: “BRUTAL AGGRESSION”
Palace officials said Elizabeth had been fully vaccinated and given a booster shot.
Members of the Royal Family attending the Commonwealth Day service include Charles, his wife Camilla, and Prince William and his wife Catherine.