Cover image: RONEN ZVULUN / REUTERS
- The number of Palestinians fleeing the northern Gaza Strip tripled between Monday and Tuesdayreports the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. “UN observers estimate that up to 15,000 people may have crossed, three times more than the figure estimated on November 6”writes the organization in its update on the situation.
- Top Hamas weapons producer killed in airstrike, announced the Israeli army on Wednesday. Mohsen Abou Zina was, according to her, one of the movement’s main weapons designers.
- Thirty-seven “wanted people” were arrested overnight in the West Bankthe Israeli army announced on Wednesday, according to which ten of them have links with Hamas.
- The Israeli army announced on Wednesday the death of two of its men the day before in the northern Gaza Strip.which brings its losses to 350 killed since the Hamas attack on October 7.
- The foreign ministers of the G7 member states expressed, on Wednesday, their support for “humanitarian breaks and corridors” in the Gaza Stripin particular to enable the delivery ” urgent “ humanitarian aid and the evacuation of civilians threatened by the fighting.
- The head of American diplomacy hoped Wednesday that the aspirations of the Palestinian people are “at the heart of the governance of the Gaza Strip” and spoke out for a “unification” with the West Bank under the control of the Palestinian Authority. Antony Blinken also considered that Israel should not “reoccupy” the enclave.
- France estimated on Wednesday that everyone had “interest in the humanitarian situation improving in Gaza, including Israel”, on the eve of the conference she is organizing in Paris on the subject. The conference aims to achieve a shared assessment of the situation and “mobilize all partners and donors to respond (to) needs ” of the population of the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, an advisor to Emmanuel Macron explained on Wednesday.
Find our direct precedent by clicking on this link.
Read all our articles on the war between Israel and Hamas
Reporting. In Gaza, with the Israeli army: “Search Hamas tunnels, and destroy them”
Tribune. “How can we resolve the tragedies inherited from the 20th century so that they do not prevent us from responding to those of the 21st? »
Analysis. The thorny reflection on the future of Gaza
Reporting. In Jericho, the wait of Gazan workers: “Here, we die a hundred times a day when we see what is happening to us”
Factual. In Türkiye, Erdogan’s vain gesticulations
Decryption. In the Maghreb, the break in public opinion with the West
Podcast. Humanitarian disaster in Gaza: how far will the war go?
Reporting. West Bank settlers mobilize
Factual. The United States faces criticism from Arab countries
Editorial. Refuse the trivialization of anti-Semitism
Reporting. In Israel, psychologists at the bedside of a traumatized population
Narrative. A look back at the Hamas attack in Israel, October 7 in hell
Decryption. The death toll in the Gaza Strip, a very political controversy
Gn headline FR