S&P and Dow chain two days of consecutive victories
- The main US indices closed mixed. The NASDAQ index closed higher for the third day in a row, as did the Russell 2000. The S&P and the Dow broke their two-day rising streak.
A look at the fence shows:
- Dow Industrial Average minus 168.72 points or -0.50% to 33890.02
- S&P index -10.87 points or -0.25% to 4373.77
- NASDAQ index +56.78 points or 0.41% to 1375.41
- Russell 2000 up 7.156 points or 0.35% at 2048.08
- Cathie Wood’s ARK Innovation rose $2.65 or 3.91% to $70.47. This index is up 22.4% from its low on Thursday (the low was $57.55 and closed today at $70.47 – up $12.92). That’s the good news. The less good news is that the index fell from $125.86 to $55.50 (-$70.36)
- Tesla was up 7.48% and it is up 24.38% from Thursday’s low. This low reached $700 before bouncing back and closing today at $870.43.
- Crowdstrike Holdings rose $13.46 or 7.41% to $195.21. This cybersecurity stock increased with Palo Alto Networks (+4.3%) and Fortinet (+6.02%) also in cybersecurity.
Today’s weak spots included finance:
- Deutsche Bank, -7.51%
- Citigroup, -4.49%
- JPMorgan -4.14%
- Morgan Stanley, -4.05%
- Goldman Sachs, -2.53%
Airlines were also down:
- Delta Airlines, = 3.90%
- United Airlines, -3.16%
- South West Airlines, -2.99%
The most popular
Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.