At this point in the season, there are teams gearing up for the hunt for the playoffs, maybe a few teams still in the running making the final push, and teams with nothing more to play for but pride. . the Leaflets obviously fall into the latter category. Their opponent for the next two days does the same.
The Flyers start a home and away series against the bison sabers Saturday night on the road.
Game time is 7 p.m.
|Philadelphia Flyers||generalist||g||A||P||bison sabers||generalist||g||A||P|
|Cam Atkinson||73||23||27||50||Tagus Thompson||72||33||27||60|
|Travis Konecny||71||13||32||45||Jeff Skinner||74||31||24||55|
|Joel Farabee||55||16||17||33||Rasmus Dahlin||74||ten||36||46|
|James van Riemsdyk||74||20||13||33||Kyle Okposo||70||19||23||42|
|Scott Laughton||59||11||18||29||Victor Olofsson||66||18||23||41|
Bobby Brink has two NHL games under his belt. He got a power-play assist on Tuesday for his first NHL point, then was silenced like the rest of the team on Wednesday. Against the Sabres, he will face a younger team that could allow him to be much more noticeable.
Tagus Thompson prepare for the whole season. After surpassing eight goals and 14 points in the 2020-21 season, two career highs, he broke out for a career year with 33 goals and 27 assists for 60 points. He scored five goals in April in eight games.
Martin Jones gets the start for the Flyers. Jones took over from Carter Hart Tuesday after injury and allowed six goals on 27 shots.
Craig Anderson should start for Buffalo. Buffalo will start both goaltenders this weekend and there’s a chance Anderson will be pushed to tomorrow, but expect him to get the first shot for now. Anderson allowed five goals on 27 shots in a loss to St. Louis on Thursday but got off to a strong start against Toronto on Tuesday by making 24 saves on 26 shots in a win.
Flyers Scratches: Nick Seeler (injury), Cam Atkinson (injury), Carter Hart (injury), Cam York (injury), Rasmus Ristolainen (injury), Patrick Brown (injury)
Sabers Scratches: Drake Caggiula (injury), Malcolm Subban (injury), Cody Eakin (injury), Colin Miller (healthy), John Hayden (healthy), Mark Pysyk (healthy), Casey Fitzgerald (healthy)
- Circulars: After having several players injured on Wednesday, the Flyers are able to obtain Nate Thompson back in line. The other players remain out for at least Saturday’s game.
- Sabers: Mattias Samuelsson will be a game time decision after missing Buffalo’s last game.
- Power play: Flyers (32nd), Sabers (18th)
- Penalty Kill: Flyers (23rd), Sabers (25th)
- Recent history against Sabers
- January 22, 2022 – Sabers 6, Flyers 3 (at BUF)
- Flyers Leaders vs. Sabers
- Joel Farabee – 9 GP, 2 G, 5 A, 7 P
- Travis Konecny - 18 GP, 4 G, 8 A, 12 P
- Martin Jones – 10 GP, 4-3-3, 2.87 GAA, 0.898 SV%
- Milestone watch
- Kevin Hayes needs a point to reach 100 as a Flyer.
where to watch
Television: NBC Sports Philadelphia+
Radio: Circular distribution network
Kevin Durso is the Flyers Insider for 97.3 ESPN and the Flyers Editor for SportsTalkPhilly.com. Follow him on Twitter @Kevin_Durso.
Philadelphia Flyers uniforms through the years