Skip to content

It was a moving night in Hickory.

During a vigil for two young siblings who died in a mobile home fire this weekend, a Good Samaritan spoke on Monday and addressed the parents: “All your funeral expenses are paid. “

A family friend had set up a GoFundMe page to raise money for funeral expenses.

But then on Monday this good Samaritan offered to pay for the funeral.

So now the money will be diverted to find them a new home.

Yet even a new home will feel empty.

However, there is recognition and gratitude to everyone who comes together to help a young couple get through their most painful days.

Rebecca McClure, the mother of two, wanted to send a message to everyone who helped when needed.

“I wanted to say thank you to everyone, everyone for helping us,” McClure said. “Thanks everyone. Our babies meant so much to us. Over all.”

The two young children – Kevin McClure, 7, and his sister Madison, 8, died after a fire at their home over the weekend. They were home alone when the fire broke out.

Firefighters say it was accidental, but it does not cure the injuries the family is currently sustaining.

“It’s a nightmare,” one person said at the vigil.

Nothing shatters to pieces more than a mother’s heart when her children are gone.

“It’s hard to just stand there and watch something burn and know what’s inside and there’s nothing you can do about it,” Teresa Fosnow said.

Balloons, flowers and signs of support covered the dozens of people who came forward to a family going through what no one should ever do.

This Saturday afternoon, a fire broke out in this mobile home along 7th Avenue Sud-Ouest.

Inside were the two children while their mother was at work trying to provide for her family.

Kevin’s boyfriend and father was not at home when the fire broke out.

“I was there when it caught fire and called her at work. It’s just tough right now, ”said April Hiland.

As the fire increased, the neighbors tried to break through the doors and windows to save the siblings, but it was too hot, it was burning too fast.

“Hearing the mother as upset as she was, it was horrible, I’ll never forget it,” Fosnow told WBTV.

During the vigil, candles were lit to remember what was.

They sent balloons to the sky in hopes they could reach where Kevin and Madison are now.

But Monday evening, the house is no more. Obliterated by the flames. There is no insurance.

The couple are in a hotel as the community gathers.

A GoFundMe has been set up in the hope of paying for the funeral. But an incredible gesture changed that.


Source link