Tic and Tac: Rescue Rangers marks the return of Disney’s eponymous chipmunk brothers with a new tale and a new look.
The film follows Tic et Tac 30 years after their Rescue Rangers The TV show has ended production and the chipmunks are separated from each other, with Chip working as an insurance salesman and Dale hitting the convention circuits after getting a CGI makeover.
Chip and Dale are reunited, however, following the mysterious disappearance of several animated characters, including one of their show’s original crew members.
Predictably, the film has a stellar cast lending their voices to its animated characters. Here’s everything you need to know about them
Who is in the voice cast of ‘Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers’?
Tic and Tac: Rescue Rangers sees the animated and real world collide as it features animated characters and a live-action cast.
In the film, cartoons sit alongside humans, so there are plenty of actors who play non-animated characters, like Kiki Layne who plays policeman Ellie and Chris Parnell (from Archer and rick and morty fame) as Dale’s agent, Dave Bollinari.
Even with the mix of animation and live action, the film has an impressive voice cast, led by John Mulaney and Andy Samberg as Chip and Dale, respectively.
Tick and Tock of Mulaney and Samberg take on a trio of villains played by Will Arnett, Seth Rogen, and Da’Vone McDonald named Sweet Pete (Arnett), Bob the Viking Warrior (Rogen), and Jimmy the Polar Bear (McDonald).
Rogen actually voices multiple characters in the film as he also voices several of his other animated characters, including Pumbaa from The Lion King remake.
Other notable names in the film’s voice cast include JK Simmons as police detective Captain Putty and Eric Bana as Chip and Dale’s friend Monterey Jack.
Several voice actors in the cast also play multiple roles in the film, with Akiva Schaffer for example voicing a total of ten characters.
There are also voice actors reprising their iconic roles for the Disney+ movie like Jeff Bennett returning to voice again The beauty and the Beast Lumière character, a role he voiced the candelabra eight times before including in the Kingdom Hearts Games.
Here is the complete voice cast of “Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers”:
- John Mulaney as Flea
- Andy Samberg as Dale
- Will Arnett as Sweet Pete
- Seth Rogen as Bob the Viking Warrior, Pumbaa, Mantis and BOB
- JK Simmons as Captain Putty
- Eric Bana as Monterey Jack
- Flula Borg as DJ Herzogenaurach
- Tim Robinson as Ugly Sonic
- Keegan-Michael Key as Bjornson the Cheesemaker and Fellow Frog
- Da’Vone McDonald as Jimmy the Polar Bear
- Tress MacNeille as Gadget Hackwrench and High-Pitched Chip
- Dennis Haysbert as Zipper
- Corey Burton as High-pitched Dale and High-pitched Zipper
- Juliette Donenfeld as Kid Dale
- Mason Bloomberg as Kid Chip
- Akiva Schaffer as Director of the Rescue Rangers, ET, Officer Sock Puppet, Happy Cartoon Dog, Shoehiner, Mr. Natural, Hungry Mouse, Sauna Pig, Officer Chameleon, and Bird Husband
- Rachel Bloom as Insurance Sheep, Flounder, Bridesmaid, Black and White Reporter, Lost Boy, Stinsons Boy, Chip’s Mom, and Cannon Ball
- Liz Cackowski as Cow Teacher, Tigra, Officer O’Hara, and Bird’s Wife
- Jim Cummings as Fat Cat, Pooj, Tiger, Shredder Arm, Pete and Darkwing Duck
- Jeff Bennett as Light
- June Schaffer as Bumper Car Kid, More Please Mouse and Meow
- Steven Curtis Chapman as Baloo
- Jorma Taccone as Fan Con, Batman and Toon Car announcer
- Alan Oppenheimer as He-man and Skeletor
- Hazel Schaffer as Beaver and Railroad Rat
- Charles Fleischer as TV presenter of Roger Rabbit and Chipmunks
Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers is available now on Disney+.