The Cannes film festival unveiled the seven films of a “ ephemeral selection »special climate intended to “cinematically embody” the commitment to the environment of the festival, which takes place from July 6 to 17.
“In 2021, awareness and the defense of the planet will also be played out in the cinema”, write in a press release the organizers of the festival, which this year is implementing a series of commitments to reduce its environmental footprint (electric cars, climate contribution for accredited persons, reduction in the use of paper).
A fiction and six docs
Among the films that will be presented on the screens of the Croisette, Louis Garrel’s third film, “The Crusade”, notably with Lætitia Casta, a “fable of anticipation” in which children “take power to protect the planet”. The screenplay was co-written with Jean-Claude Carrière, who died in February.
The other films are documentaries. Six years after the success of “Demain”, the activist Cyril Dion does it again with “Animal”, which follows “two adolescents committed” against the collapse of biodiversity.
The “climate” selection:
– “La Croisade”, by Louis Garrel (France)
– “Walking on water”, by Aïssa Maïga (Niger-France)
– “Invisible Demons”, by Rahul Jain (India)
– “Animal”, by Cyril Dion (France)
– “I Am So Sorry”, by Zhao Liang (France – China)
– “Bigger Than Us”, by Flore Vasseur (France)
– “La Panthère des neiges”, by Marie Amiguet (France)
Support a professional editorial staff at the service of Brittany and the Bretons: subscribe from € 1 per month.