Teofimo Lopez’s father and trainer, Teofimo Lopez Sr, made a series of bizarre comments following his son’s loss to George Kambosos Jr on Saturday night.
The 24-year-old lightweight champion, who conquered Vasyl Lomachenko last year, was shockingly dethroned in his first defense by his little-known Australian challenger.
Kambosos knocked down Lopez in the first round and made it difficult for him throughout.
The American fired back and scored his own knockdown in the tenth round.
With the fight on the line, Kambosos Jr picked up the pace of the championship rounds and claimed a split decision victory.
Between each round, Lopez Sr was heard telling his son he was winning and he maintained that view after the fight.
Lopez Sr told SecondsOut: “It was an easy fight for him and he won every set. For me he won every set.
“You can give Kambosos two laps, three laps, even four laps, but what happened to us was just horrible.
“I couldn’t believe it.”
He added: “Everyone knows he won this fight.
“Everyone was upset, they booed the decision at Madison Square Garden…
“It’s a waste of bulls ***. I should never have fought with DAZN, I should have stayed with Top Rank because these are the people who really love us.
“We’re coming back with Top Rank, two PPV fights next year and an ESPN fight.”
When asked if there would be a second fight between the two, Lopez Sr added, “No rematch man. My mistake was leaving my son at 135 pounds for so long.
“In this game you have to knock out everyone.
“If you don’t knock them out, that’s what happens.
“It was a complete heist, we dictated the fight from the start.
“Everyone in the world knows what happened.
“We’re going to go up to 140 pounds, fight in February, then fight Josh Taylor.
“We’re still going to do what we said we were going to do, that doesn’t change a thing.”