Battlegrounds Mobile India, aka BGMI’s Virus Infection game mode, has been temporarily removed, game developer Krafton has announced. This mode, where players have to face hordes of zombies, was released in November with the Payload 2.0 mode. The mode features three rounds of warfare between humans and zombies. Recently, Krafton announced that data transfer from PUBG Mobile to BGMI will stop after December 31 this year. The game allowed players to carry over their progress from PUBG Mobile to BGMI.
In an official announcement, Krafton said they have identified an issue with virus infection mode in BGMI. The developer hasn’t revealed the details of the issue, but says it will fix the issue “as soon as possible” and notify players once the issue is resolved. The mode has been down since 2:30 p.m. yesterday.
BGMI’s virus infection mode was launched alongside Payload 2.0 mode in November. As mentioned, the mode has three different rounds that pit humans and zombies against each other, and the humans have to survive multiple rounds of zombie attacks. These zombies attack humans in the game and infect them, and players must survive the onslaught of zombies to win the battle.
While zombies can also choose boosters or infect humans to reach level three and become “Zombie King” in the game, humans are transformed into “heroes” if only three of them are alive.
Recently, Krafton announced the latest date to transfer PUBG Mobile data to BGMI. It says players have until December 31 to import their PUBG Mobile data. The developer says this is done in order to ensure smoother gameplay for players who had previously used PUBG Mobile Normdic Map: Livik (“Previous App”).
PUBG Mobile and PUBG Mobile Lite were banned in India in September 2020. It was later relaunched as Battlegrounds Mobile India or BGMI, and its publisher Krafton allowed players to carry over their progress and data from PUBG Mobile.