Ted Hankey: Former world darts champion pleads guilty to sexual assault | Darts News


Ted Hankey appeared at Warrington Magistrates’ Court and was charged with intentionally touching a woman over the age of 16; he took the floor to confirm his name, age and address and pleaded guilty to the charge; Hankey will be sentenced on May 12.

Last update: 04/14/22 12:33

Ted Hankey won the BDO World Championship in 2000 and 2009

Former world darts champion Ted Hankey has pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a woman.

Hankey, 54, appeared in Warrington Magistrates Court on Thursday. The court heard he was charged with intentionally touching a woman over the age of 16 on September 10 last year.

He took the floor to confirm his name, age and address and pleaded guilty to the charge.

Jonathan Wilkinson, prosecuting, said the victim was under 18.

District Judge Nicholas Sanders said the case would be sent to Chester Crown Court, where Hankey will be sentenced on May 12.

He told Hankey that he would be subject to notification requirements and that he would have to report to a local police station as he had granted him parole. The hearing lasted approximately 10 minutes.

The charge relates to an incident in Crewe, Cheshire. Hankey arrived in court with a black snood pulled up to cover the lower half of his face.

The darts player, whose nickname is “The Count”, is a double world champion. He first qualified for the BDO World Championship in 1998 and won in 2000 and 2009.




Sky Sports

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button