Swiss Open Badminton LIVE – Prannoy vs Ginting LIVE: Indian HS Prannoy started his semi-final against Anthony Ginting on a high note by winning the first set 21-19. World No. 7 PV Sindhu, 2021 World Championship silver medalist Kidambi Srikanth and 2015 Swiss Open champion HS Prannoy are just one step away from securing a spot in the clash at the top of the Swiss Open 2022. The three players will be in action in the semi-finals on March 26, 2022, Saturday. Follow live updates from the Swiss Open semi-finals with InsideSport.IN
The Indians in the semi-finals of the Swiss Open LIVE
- Sindhu vs Katethong LIVE
- Kidambi Srikanth vs. Jonatan Christie LIVE
- HS Prannoy vs Anthony Ginting LIVE
Also Read: Swiss Open 2022 Live Stream: When, Where and How to Watch the BWF Swiss Open in Your Country, India
Swiss Open Badminton LIVE: Sindhu vs Katethong LIVE, Prannoy vs Ginting match goes to deciding set, Kidambi Srikanth to play semi-finals next – Follow live updates
HS Prannoy [IND] against Anthony Ginting [INS]
11-8 Prannoy squanders a shot into the net to enter the break three points clear.
10-7 Prannoy plays a brilliant smash
9-5 Ginting hits in the net
6-4 Prannoy takes the lead
- 19-21 Prannoy strikes wide from outside the touchline to help Ginting win Game 2
- 18-19 Ginting hits a late shot to leave the Indian trail behind by just one point.
- 14-17 Prannoy misses a shot into the net.
- 11-15 Prannoy’s deficit swells as he hits one outside the sideline.
- 8-11 Ginting plays a shot that lands in front of Prannoy to help him into the break with a three-point lead.
- 8-9 Prannoy squanders a shot into the net to give his opponent a slim lead.
- 8-8 Ginting’s powerful smash helps him level scores
- 7-5 A brilliant cross smash from Prannoy helped him overtake his opponent.
- 21-19 Prannoy won the first set with a spike that his Indonesian opponent failed to return.
- 18-18 Prannoy finds the net as he helps Ginting level the scores
- 14-12 Prannoy made a solid comeback by winning five points in a row.
- 9-11 Prannoy strikes into the net only to be trailed by two points.
- 9-10 Prannoy misjudges two shots from Ginting that land inside the field, to help Ginting take the lead.
- 8-8 Prannoy strikes away from the sideline which helps Ginting level the scores
- 7-5 Prannoy lands a brilliant shot that lands just past Ginting
- 6-4 Prannoy leads in the first set
HS Prannoy is looking to make his second Swiss Open final appearance when he takes on Indonesian Anthony Ginting in the semi-finals. Prannoy, who won the tournament in 2016, beat compatriot Parupalli Kashyap 21-16, 21-16 in the quarter-finals on Friday to enter the last four. Meanwhile, third seed Anthony Ginting is looking to win his first title this year. He beat Sameer Verma in straight sets to enter the final.
This will be the third meeting between the two players and their head-to-head record stands at 1-1. They last met in 2018 at the Japan Open, where Ginting won the match 21-14, 21-17. Prannoy will be keen to avenge his defeat and reach the final.
Also read: Swiss Open Badminton LIVE: Kidambi Srikanth eyes FINAL, to play Jonatan Christie in semi-final – Follow Srikanth vs Christie LIVE updates
PV Sindhu [IND] against Supanida Katethong [THA]
12-7 Sindhu hits a powerful cross smash
11-7 Sindhu, however, did not allow the Thai player to take the lead as she entered the break with an 11-7 lead.
6-6 Katethong came back into the game to level the score 6-6
5-3 Sindhu takes an early 5-3 lead.
Sindhu plans to make her second BWF final this year as she faces Thailand’s Supanida Katethong in the semi-finals. The world No.7 is looking to get her season back on track after performing poorly at the German Open and the English Championships with second-round exits. Ranked second in this tournament, she is in excellent form, easily outpacing her opponents. In the quarterfinals, she defeated fifth seed Michelle Li 21-10, 21-19.
Meanwhile, 24-year-old Katethong had a strong start to the year by finishing second at the Indian Open. She again finished second in the Syed Modi International. She then faced a second-round loss at the German Open and a first-round exit from the All England Open. This match will be the repeat of the Syed Modi International Final, where Sindhu defeated the Thai in three sets.
Also read: Swiss Open Badminton LIVE: PV Sindhu favorites to reach FINAL, to face Thailand’s Supainda Katethong in semis – Follow Sindhu vs Katethong LIVE
Kidambi Srikanth [IND] against Jonathan Christie [INS]
Srikanth booked a place in the semi-finals with a brilliant fightback against world No. 3 Anders Antonsen in the quarter-finals. Srikanth now faces seventh seed Jonathan Christie in the semi-finals. The 12th-ranked Indian, who won silver at the World Championships in 2021, is looking to get back into shape after making a quarter-final exit at the German Open and a second-round exit at the England Championships.
Meanwhile, Jonatan Christie enters the semi-finals after beating Frenchman Toma Junior Popov 21-18, 16-21, 24-22. Christie’s first event this year was the All England Open, where he lost in the quarterfinals to Chinese Taipei’s Chou Tien-chen. The 24-year-old is looking to win his first BWF title in three years. Srikanth enjoys a 4-3 head-to-head record against Christie. They last met at the 2021 Indonesia Masters where Srikanth won 13-21, 21-18-21, 21-15-21.
Also Read: Swiss Open Badminton LIVE: Former HS Champion Prannoy Faces Tough Task in Semi-Final Against Anthony Sinusika Ginting – Follow Prannoy vs Ginting LIVE
Swiss Open Badminton LIVE: PV Sindhu, Kidambi Srikanth and HS Prannoy look to seal their place in the final and will play the semi-finals today – Follow live updates
Follow live updates from the Swiss Open semi-finals with InsideSport.IN
– Advertising –