Nothing holds him back from a time out.
Shawn Mendes is trying to live a normal life after canceling his world tour to focus on his mental health.
“I take a lot of time just to do therapy, just take it easy, man,” the singer, who just turned 24, told TMZ on Tuesday.
Mendes added that he hangs out with his family and does things he “couldn’t” while working.
“I think for me it’s just about spending time doing things that I haven’t really done in the last few years, and so having dinner with friends and all that,” he said. .
The “Treat You Better” crooner also shared that he thinks fans who spent money on hotels to see him play his now-canceled concerts will be able to get a refund.
“They can understand. I mean, everything is kind of achievable,” he said.
Mendes announced in late July that he would be canceling the remainder of his “Wonder” tour to focus on himself.
“I started this tour excited to finally be able to start playing live again after a long hiatus due to the pandemic, but the reality is that I was not at all ready to see how difficult the tour would be after this time. of absence”, he declared in a social network. post at the time.
The Grammy nominee told fans he would resume touring when he was ready and also promised to continue recording music while he healed so he could “come back stronger”.
“I promise I’ll be back as soon as I take the right time to heal,” he said, adding, “I love you all and thank you so much for supporting me and supporting me all the way. throughout this journey.”
After taking a step back from his performances, Mendes was spotted enjoying a day at the beach in Miami with friends over the weekend. He was also seen blowing off steam while partying with The Weeknd at club LIV.
Mendes is apparently still single after breaking up with girlfriend of nearly three years, Camila Cabello, in November 2021. He shared earlier this year that he hates being alone while discussing his mental health struggles.
Meanwhile, Cabello, 25, has moved on with Lox Club CEO Austin Kevitch.
New York Post