Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez has warned Logan and Jake Paul of the danger of resuming their boxing careers after the YouTubers target the top fighters.
The social media stars have both entered the sport, with Logan preparing for an exhibition bout against Floyd Mayweather in Miami on June 6, while Jake challenged UFC champion Conor McGregor to a boxing match.
But “Canelo,” a four-weight world champion, wondered why the brothers had been allowed to become professional boxers.
“They could get them killed. It’s not a football game, they could get them killed,” Alvarez said in an interview with Graham Bensinger.
“Why are they licensing people who have never in their life thrown a punch?
“If there is a death, the commission will be responsible. Why? Because they issued the license for the fight.”
Logan suffered a point loss in his only professional fight against Britain’s YouTuber KSI, but Jake Paul won his three bouts by stoppage against his debutants, including UFC fighter Ben Askren last month.
Canelo, who fights Billy Joe Saunders in a world title unification clash this weekend, believe the duo are only interested in a financial reward.
“I really think it’s a lack of respect,” he said. “Everything is based on money. Everything is for the money. I am currently focusing on other projects.
“I have other stuff going, and I would invite him (a brother Paul) over for a practice session so he really knows what it is.
“For real fighters, I think it’s disrespectful.”
Jake Paul recently claimed he should be considered an ‘elite’ boxer, comparing himself to multi-weight champion Mayweather.
“I see myself as an elite fighter right now,” said Paul. “A young prospect with a lot of motivation, a lot of hunger and I think people see me as [an] amateur.
“If you look at Floyd Mayweather, his third fight was six rounds, he got paid $ 7,000 and I don’t think anyone in this room probably watched him.”