Russia tells China and India that Ukraine is planning a ‘dirty bomb’ attack


Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu on Wednesday reiterated claims that Ukraine is preparing a provocation using a “dirty bomb” during a video call with his Chinese counterpart Wei Fenghe, according to the ministry. of the Defense of Moscow.

“The situation in Ukraine was discussed. Army General Sergei Shoigu expressed his concerns to his Chinese counterpart about possible provocations by Ukraine with the use of a ‘dirty bomb'”, indicated the ministry in a statement.

In a separate statement earlier on Wednesday, he said Shoigu also expressed the same “concerns” during a phone call with Indian Defense Minister Rajnath Singh.

Basically, a dirty bomb is a conventional bomb containing radioactive, biological or chemical material that is released during an explosion.

Shoigu accused Ukraine of planning to use a “dirty bomb” during calls with several NATO counterparts on Sunday, allegations dismissed as “dangerous” lies by Kyiv.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters on Wednesday that Russia has information showing the “existing threat” of Ukraine using a “dirty bomb” and that Ukraine is “preparing for such a terrorist act of sabotage”.

“We will continue to vigorously bring our views to the global community to encourage them to take active steps to prevent such irresponsible behavior,” Peskov added.


Russia news

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button