Nicolo Laurent, the current CEO of Riot Games shared his perspective on the future of the company. 2021 has been a successful year for the company as it has achieved many goals. From the League of Legends world championship which broke audience records, the worldwide release of Arcane, the official launch of the Valorant and Wild Rift games for esport, as well as the introduction of various other projects. In 2022, Nicolo shares the roadmap the company wants to cover over the next 5 years. Riot Game CEO, Riot Games Future, Riot Games Roadmap, Riot Games News, Riot Games Plan, Riot Games Team, Riot Games Development
Important goals Riot Games wants to achieve over the next five years
With a successful run so far, Riot Games now plans to step up its goals and have a bigger impact on the gaming community.
- Have a significant impact on the genres they’re active in: From PC MOBAs, Riot Games has expanded to card games with Teamfight Tactics, hero strategy with Teamfight Tactics, and mobile MOBAs with Wild Rift. Riot Games wants to make these games more enjoyable and popular in order to attract more players.
- Build a Wider and Better Community Around Games: Riot Games wants to create a more engaging community that can enjoy the revolutionary gameplay, in-game events and other features of esport, TV, movies, music , live experiences, derivative products, etc.
- Cultivate a better working environment within the company: Riot Games wants to make their working environment easier, safer and more rewarding for their employees. This will allow Rioters to take bolder, innovative and creative risks to do more creative work and deepen the company’s connection with gamers.
- Becoming a Global Games Company: Riot is keen to expand its workforce to make it more diverse. Riot Games headquarters in Los Angeles will be looking for diverse talent in the best places around the world.
- Reinvent the Game Streaming Experience: Riot Esports will continue to lead the industry by reinventing what sports streaming can be. This will create new ways for viewers to actively participate and engage with the esports scene.
We don’t want to be defined by the things we make, we want to be defined by the people we make them for.
Here’s how we keep players and rioters engaged on the journey: https://t.co/fLyemUqMlR
– Riot Games (@riotgames) January 11, 2022
Also Read: Riot Partners With Australian Esports Organization ORDER For TeamFight Tactics Esports Events
Measures taken by Riot Games to configure their work environment
Nicolo also highlighted how Riot Games wants to adapt to modern practices so that their staff have a fulfilling time here.
- They plan to introduce new working models
- Focus on changing the company’s diverse culture and focus on achieving its goals
- Recognizing the past progress of the company and entering a new chapter in its history
- Reward Rioters more because they play a crucial role in the success of the business
- Ensuring everyone at Riot feels good about their leadership and is committed to helping the company get there.
If you want to read Nicolo’s in-depth views, check out the official blog on the Riot Games page here.
Read more: League of Legends European Championship 2022 Spring season begins with song “Wildfire” from Against the Current
– Advertising –