NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Ricky Martin has denied the restraining order allegations on social media after a judge issued the restraining order against the singer in Porto Rico Friday.
Martin, 50 years old, caught on Twitter Sunday night to clear up ‘false allegations’ of the domestic violence restraining order, which was filed days after the ‘Livin’ La Vida Loca’ singer was sued for more than $3 million by his former manager.
“The order of protection issued against me is based on completely false allegations, so I will respond through the legal process with the facts and the dignity that characterizes me,” he wrote on social media.
“Because this is an ongoing legal case, I cannot make detailed statements at this time. I am grateful for the countless messages of solidarity and receive them with all my heart.”
Police Spokesperson Axel Valencia said officials drove to an upscale neighborhood in Dorado, where the singer lives, to give him the order.
“So far the police have not been able to find him,” Valencia said.
RICKY MARTIN’S EX-MANAGER SUES STAR FOR $3M, CITING ‘CAREER-ENDING ALLEGATION’
Valencia did not identify the party who requested the restraining order. The order prevents Martin from contacting, in person or by telephone, the other party.
Puerto Rico newspaper El Vocero reported that Martin and the unidentified party briefly dated, saying they broke up two months ago.
Martin and Jwan Yosef, a Swedish painter, have been married since 2017.
RICKY MARTIN REVEALS FEELING PTSD DURING PAST BARBARA WALTERS INTERVIEW WHERE SHE ASKED HIM OUT
According to the newspaper, Martin did not come to terms with the breakup and was seen hanging out near the other party’s house at least three times.
“The petitioner fears for his safety,” El Vocero reported.
The order will remain in effect until a judge has a hearing at a later date to determine whether or not it should be lifted.
Valencia said restraining orders typically stay in effect for at least a month.
RICKY MARTIN SAYS IT’S “SUPER SAD” TO SEE DONALD TRUMP
The restraining order is the latest legal issue for Martin, as his former manager, Rebecca Drucker, announced a lawsuit claiming she owed millions of dollars in unpaid commissions.
In a lawsuit filed June 29, Drucker accused the internationally renowned singer-songwriter of a “flagrant” breach of contract and seeks damages “in excess of $3 million, subject to discovery and accounting, and an amount to be proven at trial”.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Drucker served as the Puerto Rican singer’s “manager and senior advisor” between 2014 and 2018, before being called back to the post in September 2020.
Lawrence Richard of Fox News and The Associated Press contributed to this report.