Skip to content
Prince Charles ignores question about Prince Andrew after brother stripped of military titles and sponsorships


Prince Charles wants to keep calm and carry on.

Just a day after Buckingham Palace announced that Prince Andrew had been stripped of his royal patronages and military affiliations in connection with a sexual assault trial, the Prince of Wales has been spotted in Aberdeenshire.

During the outing, Sky News reporter James Matthew asked the 73-year-old about the ongoing scandal. The moment was captured on camera.

“Your Royal Highness, may I ask your opinion on the position of your brother Prince Andrew,” Matthews asked. “How do you see it? »

ROYALS WHO WERE STRIPED OF THEIR TITLES: PRINCE ANDREW AND BEYOND

Charles ignored the question and continued shaking hands and conversing with another man.

According to Clarence House, Charles was in Aberdeenshire after the Scottish region was hit by Storm Arwen in late November. Hundreds of roads were blocked by falling trees and over 60,000 properties lost power and water.

“Today the Prince of Wales saw the extent of the damage to Haddo House from @nationaltrustforscotland and met those involved in the response,” the office representing Charles shared on Instagram. “During the 12-hour period of Storm Arwen, the @haddo_house estate is estimated to have lost over 100,000 trees.”

“The Local Resilience Partnership has been established to oversee the response and ensure communities have the necessary support,” the caption adds. “Social checks were carried out on the most vulnerable residents, a helpline was set up and centers were opened to provide heat, food and electricity.”

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

Andrew’s military affiliations and royal patronages have returned to Queen Elizabeth II amid her ongoing legal battle with Jeffrey Epstein accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre.

On Thursday, Buckingham Palace confirmed in a statement sent to Fox News that the reigning monarch, 95, had agreed to accept the honors given.

“With the Queen’s approval and consent, the Duke of York’s military affiliations and royal sponsorships have been returned to the Queen,” the statement said. “The Duke of York will continue to hold no public office and defend this matter as a private citizen.”

A royal source has also claimed the Duke of York will no longer use “His Royal Highness” or HRH in any official capacity.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Prince Andrew’s military affiliations and royal patronages are returned to his mother, Queen Elizabeth II.
(Getty Images)

On Wednesday, a judge refused to dismiss a complaint filed against the British prince by the American who claimed he sexually abused her when she was 17.

U.S. District Judge Lewis A. Kaplan rejected an argument by Andrew’s attorneys that Giuffre’s lawsuit should be thrown out at an early stage because of an old legal agreement she had with Epstein, the late financier American who she claims arranged sexual encounters with the 61-year-old royal. Kaplan said the $500,000 settlement between Epstein and Giuffre does not implicate the prince and does not preclude a lawsuit against him now.

The Queen’s second son previously left public office in November 2019, but was still listed on the Royal Family’s website as a patron or member of around 100 charities and organisations.

Giuffre sued Andrew in August, alleging she was coerced into having sex with him in 2001 by Epstein and his longtime girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell. Giuffre said she was sexually assaulted by Andrew at Maxwell’s home in London, at Epstein’s mansion in New York and at his estate in the US Virgin Islands.

QUEEN ELIZABETH II TELLS PRINCE ANDREW HE HAS BEEN DEPRETED OF HIS TITLE OF HRH: REPORT

Prince Charles ignores question about Prince Andrew after brother stripped of military titles and sponsorships

A 2001 photo included in court records shows Prince Andrew with his arm around the waist of Virginia Giuffre, 17, who says Jeffrey Epstein paid her to have sex with the prince. Andrew denied the charges. In the background is Epstein’s girlfriend, Ghislaine Maxwell.
(United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit)

Andrew’s lawyers had said the lawsuit lacked clarity and was disqualified by the deal she made in 2009 with Epstein’s lawyers. They also attacked Giuffre’s credibility and motives, saying in October that the lawsuit was aimed at obtaining “another salary at his expense and at the expense of those close to him”. Kaplan said Giuffre’s complaint was neither “unintelligible”, “vague”, nor “ambiguous”.

Kaplan noted that he was required by law, at this stage of the litigation, to assume that Giuffre’s allegations are true, although the prince’s lawyers may question the veracity of the claims at trial. The judge said a trial would not take place until the end of this year, at the earliest. The depositions of the prince and Giuffre would take place before this date.

Andrew has long denied Giuffre’s allegations. In late 2019, Andrew told BBC Newsnight that sex with Giuffre “did not happen” and that he had “no recollection” of ever meeting her. His statements led critics to say he seemed insensitive to Epstein’s victims. After nuclear maintenance, the 61-year-old retired from his public duties.

Sigrid McCawley, attorney for Giuffre, said in a statement that Kaplan’s decision “is another important step in Virginia’s heroic and determined pursuit as a survivor of sex trafficking.”

PRINCE ANDREW DROPPED OF MILITARY AND ROYAL TITLES IN SEXUAL ASSAULT CASE

Prince Charles ignores question about Prince Andrew after brother stripped of military titles and sponsorships

David Boies, representing several of Jeffrey Epstein’s alleged victims, center, arrives with Annie Farmer, right, and Virginia Giuffre.
(Mark Kauzlarich/Bloomberg via Getty Images)

While Andrew denies the allegations, Buckingham Palace will want him to settle the matter, so the Queen can move on without more sordid headlines that weaken the monarchy and taint every member of the royal family, Mark said Stephens, international law specialist at Howard. Kennedy in London.

Stephens said Wednesday’s ruling means the process of delaying every technical point open to them as a matter of law has indeed taken place. Although Andrew is likely to appeal, the case will move forward and he will face the embarrassment of having to testify about his alleged activities with a 17-year-old.

“The practical realities of this position stuck a noose around Prince Andrew’s neck,” Stephens said. “He has to settle down. He has to get out. Or he’s a dead man walking.”

Giuffre’s settlement with Epstein was reached a decade before the 66-year-old financier committed suicide in a Manhattan federal prison while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges in 2019. Epstein’s death came more than two years before his former girlfriend, Maxwell, 60, was convicted of sex trafficking and conspiracy in Manhattan federal court. Giuffre’s allegations against Andrew were not part of the criminal cases against Epstein or Maxwell.

PRINCE ANDREW SHOULD DROP HIS HHR TITLE IN SEXUAL ABUSE TRIAL, SOURCE SAYS “HE’S EMBEDDED IN THIS BIG”

Prince Charles ignores question about Prince Andrew after brother stripped of military titles and sponsorships

Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell.
(Joe Schildhorn/Patrick McMullan via Getty Images)

Giuffre claimed she met Andrew while traveling frequently with Epstein between 2000 and 2002 when her lawyers claimed she was “on call for Epstein for sexual purposes” and was “loaned to d ‘other powerful men’, including Andrew. Her lawsuit said she still suffered significant emotional and psychological distress and harm.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.


foxnews

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.