Upside odds at a glance
Product offerings on the rise
Upside is a cash back app that partners with businesses near you to help users earn real money on gas, restaurant and grocery purchases. But unlike other loyalty programs, Upside actually benefits the business as well as the consumer. Upside’s cash back offers attract new, loyal customers who buy more, generating profits for business owners who may not have the infrastructure in place to distribute these offers on their own. .
After downloading the Upside app, you’ll see a map of nearby businesses and their cashback offers. Browse the map until you find a business you’d like to visit and explore their offerings. When you find a location where you’d like to get cash back, tap Claim to lock in the offer and complete your purchase as normal using your debit or credit card. Follow the in-app instructions to complete your purchase.
Upside has cash back offers at over 50,000 businesses, including big names (like Circle K, Piggly Wiggly, Dairy Queen, and Arby’s) as well as local chains and stores. Businesses partner with Upside to create unique offers accessible only through the app, which you can browse based on your current location. Upside’s offers allow you to claim up to 30% to 45% cash back on restaurant and grocery purchases, as well as up to 25¢ per gallon cash back on gas. Consumers who use Upside frequently earn an average of $340 per year.
Upside’s card-based cash back feature helps you earn wherever you are instead of encouraging you to plan a new shopping trip to claim rewards.
One of the main benefits of Upside is that unlike other cash back app providers, you don’t always have to upload your receipt to earn money. Some locations just ask you to pay with a card linked to your Upside Wallet, and then you’re good to go.
- Claim an offer: Tap Claim to lock in the offer you like. You will need to make your purchase within a certain time after claiming the offer.
- Pay with a linked card in your Upside Wallet: Pay for your purchase as usual with a physical debit or credit card. Make sure the same card is linked to your Upside wallet so Upside can match your purchase and refund you. The Upside Wallet is secured by a leading encryption service through Stripe.
- Earn Cash Back: The cashback will be added to your account within two to four days. Under certain circumstances, cash back may take up to 10 days to process. You can cash out whenever you want to your bank account, PayPal or a gift card.
Upside offers users a way to see their daily purchases materialize in cash, rather than through a points program like some other rewards apps. Upside users can choose to cash out their winnings directly to their bank account, PayPal, or gift card.
Upside allows users to get in touch with its customer support team in several ways, including the following options.
- In-App Help Center: The in-app help center is the easiest way to get in touch with the Upside team. Open your app, find the icon that looks like a blue pen and tap it to submit your message to a customer service representative.
- By email: To contact Upside via email, send a message to email@example.com. Use the email associated with your Upside account to minimize your wait and ensure the representative is able to locate your account quickly.
Upside does not currently provide user support over the phone, but the company aims to respond to all customer inquiries within 24 hours of receipt.
Upside is available as a free app, which you can download through the App Store and Google Play.
Upside also has a referral program where you can earn more for each person you use the app. When you open an Upside account, you receive a referral code that you can use to introduce Upside to your friends and family members. Every time a friend uses your code, you and the new user earn a bonus. Plus, you’ll continue to earn 1¢/gal on every future gas purchase your friend makes using Upside.
The only area where Upside loses points is in its withdrawal fees, but these only happen when your account balance is low. Although you can withdraw at any time, regardless of your balance, you will incur a $1 penalty when you do so. one of the following.
- Withdraw to a bank account with less than $10 cash back
- Withdraw to a PayPal account with less than $15 cashback
As Upside relies entirely on its mobile platform, it’s important to maintain a functional yet simple app-based offering – and Upside does just that. Upside offers a comprehensive mobile app that most users will be able to master in minutes, allowing you to view and launch deals with just a few clicks. Some features featured in the Upside app are as follows.
- Location-based offers: Upside uses your phone’s location to identify deals near you when you shop, giving you access to deals that are both interesting and convenient for you. For example, if you need gas while shopping, you can check the app and see offers near the mall where you are. Upside will locate the gas station closest to you and offer you cash back.
- Cash in at any time: You have many options for cashing out. You can cash out to your bank account, PayPal or a gift card.
The Upside app is available as a free download for Apple and Android users.
Upside delivers a premium user experience, taking steps to make the cashback process easier and simpler. Although the app’s emphasis on claiming deals immediately before purchase means you won’t be able to claim them if you don’t have your phone with you or when the app is down, it offers a wide range of opportunities to earn money.
Upside also makes it easy to locate offers within your community, thanks to its partnership with more than 50,000 businesses. You can display offers based on proximity, which helps you support nearby businesses while getting the basic consumer goods you need. Frequent Upside users earn an average of $340 per year shopping at stores near them, and users have earned over $30 million in cash back from Upside to date.
Upside down compared to competitors
While Upside’s retail offering is unique, it’s not the only retail-centric mobile app aimed at helping consumers earn rewards on their purchases. Depending on your shopping habits and preferences, you may be able to combine multiple apps to save even more on your household bills.
Benzinga offers information and reviews on the following consumer technology apps. Consider continuing your research with some of the links below.
Upside’s consumer-focused retail app takes the standard idea of cash back savings and expands the model to include brick-and-mortar businesses. Customers will find a wide range of ways to earn through Upside offers, which are organized by user location. Upside has even removed the need to upload receipts to access all cashback offers, making earning even easier.
Before downloading the Upside app, make sure you understand the permissions you’ll need to grant the app before you get paid. You’ll need to activate your slot and claim each offer shortly before making the purchase, and you’ll pay a fee if you cash out with a lower balance. Despite these minor flaws, Upside is an innovative option that can be a great mobile addition if you’re looking to see more feedback on your purchases and support businesses in your community.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Upside app legit?
Yes, the Upside app is legit. Upside partners with local business owners and big names in retail to create exclusive offers only available through the app. Companies only pay Upside once they have made a profit from the partnership.
How are you paid by Upside?
You can cash out via PayPal deposit, bank transfer or gift card.