Police will take ‘no further action’ against Julius Francis following viral incident in which he knocked out aggressive gambler acting as security guard


Police have confirmed they will take no further action against Julius Francis, who was seen knocking out an aggressive punter in his security role.

The 57-year-old, who once fought Mike Tyson, is the subject of a video that has gone viral on social media in which he knocked out a man while working out at BOXPARK Wembley this week.

Francis KOd the aggressive man with a single right hook
GloryGloryTott – Twitter

In the video, an altercation was filmed outside the venue – where the retired former boxer is now employed as a security guard.

Initially, Francis did not wish to get too closely involved as other members of his team worked to separate the arguing men and escort them away from the venue.

However, one of the men is aggressive and swings at another, prompting Francis to take a more active role.

Disrespectful words were exchanged during this period as the argument heated up.

Then, as Francis continued to try to peacefully escort the more aggressive punter, the man walked over to him and raised his hand – seemingly to point at his face.

Francis responded with a lightning-fast right hook that knocked him out.

Police will take 'no further action' against Julius Francis following viral incident in which he knocked out aggressive gambler acting as security guard
Police have investigated the incident and will take no further action.
Getty

On Wednesday, the Met Police revealed they were investigating the incident.

Their initial statement read: ‘Police are aware of footage circulating on social media showing an incident involving security personnel and a member of the public outside BOXPARK at Wembley.

“An investigation into the circumstances, in particular to establish the identity and well-being of those involved, is underway.

“There have been no arrests and investigations are ongoing.”

However, an updated statement released on Thursday said: “The incident occurred shortly after 5:00 p.m. on Saturday June 11. Officers were called and attended the scene.

“A group had been evicted and a male client had become embroiled in a confrontation with security personnel.

“Officers have spoken to all parties involved and reviewed relevant CCTV.

“No further action will be taken regarding the incident involving the security guard and the male customer.”

Police will take 'no further action' against Julius Francis following viral incident in which he knocked out aggressive gambler acting as security guard
Robert Wade’s statement in full

This result will no doubt please BOXPARK founder/CEO Robert Wade, who has come to the defense of Francis.

He said in a statement on Wednesday: “I woke up to a viral story about one of our security team members.

“Julius Francis is a former British heavyweight boxing champion, he is one of the nicest people I have ever met and helps train young underprivileged children in boxing in his spare time.

“I understand that Julius and our security team spent 15 minutes stopping this man and his friends from abusing, spitting and hitting our customers and staff.

“They carefully escorted him off the premises under constant provocations and violence.

“Finally, the person approached Julius in a confrontational way and he defended himself.

“Acts of violence or abuse towards a staff member should never be tolerated.

“How would you react if someone approached you violently?” What would you do next if you were me? #IStandWithJulius”

talkSPORT LIVE – Don’t miss Brazil and Parlor!

Police will take 'no further action' against Julius Francis following viral incident in which he knocked out aggressive gambler acting as security guard

Alan Brazil and Ray Parlor wowed audiences across the country this year with their hilarious double act, live on stage.

This is your last chance to get tickets for the last two shows of the tour, in Newcastle and Nottingham.

Both have lived their lives to the fullest both during their playing days and afterwards during and after their talkSPORT radio show!

Hear the two legends tell stories from the dressing room, the studio, their playing days, their journeys on international duty… and of course Cheltenham!

The shows will be hosted by talkSPORT’s Shebahn Aherne.

Do not miss a good evening belt. Click on the link HERE to buy your tickets.


Sports

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button