CHICAGO (CBS) – Police are warning businesses on Wednesday of the robberies in the Englewood area. Each of the thefts took place during the months of January and February.
In each incident, two offenders walked into a Family Dollar or Dollar General store, showed a handgun, and demanded money from the register and the safe. The assailants then fled on foot or in a vehicle.
READ MORE: Former Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan charged with federal racketeering
Incident times and locations:
- Block 7400 of Racine Sud on February 21, 2022 at 8:30 p.m.
- Block 6900 of South Ashland on February 21, 2022 at 10:45 a.m.
- Block 6800 of South Ashland on February 14, 2022 at 10:06 a.m.
- Block 7400 of Racine Sud on January 2, 2022 at 3:37 p.m.
- Block 7300 of South Ashland on January 2, 2022 at 2:02 p.m.
- Block 7300 of South Ashland on January 11, 2022 at 7:38 p.m.
READ MORE: How we got here: Former Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan faces federal corruption charges
The first offender is described as an African American male, 5’5″-5’10”, 150-190 pounds, wearing a black ski mask, dark blue jacket, and brown winter boots. The second offender is also described as an African American male, 5’2″-5’4″, 125-130 pounds, wearing a black “DKNY” jacket, black jeans, and armed with a black or silver semi-automatic handgun .or revolver in black color.
Police are reminding businesses to:
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Report suspicious activity immediately.
- If you are confronted by an attacker, stay calm.
- Remember any unique physical characteristics (scars, lameness, acne, teeth, etc.).
- Never pursue a fleeing assailant; give the information to the police.
- If approached by a witness to the incident, ask for their contact information.
- Dial 911 immediately and stay at the scene if possible.
NO MORE NEWS: A 12-year-old girl was shot in the head on the Chicago lawn as she returned from her birthday dinner
Anyone with information is asked to contact Area One Detectives at 312-747-8380