Orlando Pirates went from shock 1-0 defeat to Chippa United. The week offers even tougher opponents in Durban and Tshwane.
ALSO READ: Chiefs – Lefty & Midfielder – FIVE Things To Expect This Week
ORLANDO PIRATES SUFFER CHIPPA UNITED SHOCK
As the South African website reported on Sunday, the Sea Robbers were all over Daine Klate’s Chilli Boys but countless missed chances allowed the visitors to nab a late winner.
“It’s hard to explain that we scored a goal in those two games (against Swallows and Chippa),“said Riveiro, quoted by Sowetan.
ALSO READ: Pirate Boss Music Star’s Son Tokollo Dies
“Against Stellenbosch we didn’t create much, but in those other 180 minutes we only scored one goal and that’s hard to accept.
“Today (against Chippa) we had about 70 per cent possession with 16 or 17 shots, one of which was on target and the rest from distance.
ALSO READ: Kaizer Chiefs – 10 Short Reasons Fans Need To Relax
“The stats show how hard we try to create chances, the last touch is the hardest thing,” added the Spaniard.
The Soweto giants had to quickly dust themselves off and focus on the next missions in two provinces.
ALSO READ: Urgent – TWO Players Need Orlando Pirates
ALSO READ: Big Controversy – Tickets For City Hike Leaders
FIVE THINGS WE EXPECT THIS WEEK
- Wednesday is the trip to Durban to face Royal AM from Dan Malesela to Moses Mabhida.
- Coach Riveiro set to make another attacking change after Kwame Preprah had a stink against Chippa.
- Sunday will feature a trip to Tshwane to fight Gavin Hunt’s new SuperSport United.
- Buccaneers should show better finishing in box after big waste in first three games so far.
- Last season’s regular winger Paseka Mako is set to make his first appearance of the season after Tebogo Tlolane proved he was no match for Deon Hotto’s reserve role.
Could a surprise new signing also appear this week? Everything is always possible at Pirates.
Wednesday’s clash with Royal AM is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m.
ALSO READ: Zwane takes on Zuma, Castro and Cardoso?
READ ALSO: Pitso Mosimane arrives at the African club
Disclaimer! insideheadline is an automatic aggregator around world media. All content is freely available on the Internet. We just organized it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the main source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the content owner and do not want us to post your materials on our website, please contact us by E-mail – [email protected]. Content will be deleted within 24 hours.