Skip to content
Piers Morgan claims royals thanked Meghan Markle Rant

Piers Morgan is on a royal tear.

The broadcaster appeared on “Extra TV” Tuesday to speak to host Billy Bush about his departure. her host concert “Good Morning Britain” and reportedly received support from members of the British royal family for “standing up for them” in her comments on Meghan Markle.

Morgan left “GMB” after saying he “didn’t believe a word,” the Duchess of Sussex said during Harry and Meghan’s prime time special with Oprah Winfrey last month.

“I wouldn’t believe her if she read me a weather report, and the fact that she started this assault on our royal family, I think it’s contemptible,” Morgan said at the time.

The comments apparently struck a chord, as Morgan told Bush he “had received messages on behalf of several members of the royal family.” Morgan declined to name names when Bush asked if “high-level people” have reached out.

“Well, I’m not going to go into who it was,” said the author of “Wake Up”. “But what I would say is gratitude that someone stood up for them.”

A spokesperson for Buckingham Palace told HuffPost on Wednesday that “this is not something we are commenting on.” Kensington Palace did not return a request for comment.

Morgan also told Bush he “had to apologize for not believing in Meghan Markle, whom I don’t believe”.

“I believe – ironically – that you should have the right to disbelieve someone if you don’t want to,” the broadcaster added.

During Meghan’s interview with Oprah, the Duchess said she was considering suicide and members of the royal family have reportedly expressed racist concerns about the color of her son’s skin before he was born. Prince Harry also revealed that his father, Prince Charles, “stopped taking his calls” during talks about his royal exit and claimed his family “literally cut me off financially.”

Gayle King, “CBS This Morning” host and friend of the couple, later shared an update on Harry’s talks with his father and brother Prince William, calling them “unproductive.”

“The word I was given was these conversations weren’t productive,” King said on his show in March. “But they’re happy to have at least started a conversation.”

“I think what still upsets them is that the palace keeps saying they want to resolve the issue in private, but they believe these bogus stories that are still very disparaging against Meghan,” King said.

‘I think it’s frustrating for them to see this is a racial conversation about the Royal Family when they have always wanted the Royal Family to step in and tell the press to stop with the unfair fake stories,’ inaccurate and definitely racially biased. Added the reporter. “Until you can recognize it, I think it will be difficult to move forward.”

.



Source link