The collector Pierre-Jean Chalençon and the cook Christophe Leroy, suspected of having organized illegal luxury meals in Paris, especially at the Palais Vivienne, were placed in custody, AFP learned from the Paris prosecutor’s office.
Under suspicion after the revelation by M6 of luxurious illegal meals, notably at the Palais Vivienne, the collector Pierre-Jean Chalençon and the cook Christophe Leroy were placed in custody on April 9, according to AFP to whom the Paris prosecutor confirmed information from BFMTV.
The two men are questioned by the Brigade for the repression of delinquency against the person (BRDP) in charge of the investigation, said a source close to the file.
The broadcast of a report by M6 on lavish clandestine dinners in Paris triggered a lively controversy, one of the organizers, identified as Pierre-Jean Chalençon, claiming to have “dined in the week in two-three illegal restaurants” where he would have cross “of ministers”.
The report notably mentioned a dinner at the Palais Vivienne, in the 2nd arrondissement of the capital, “around a caviar and champagne menu” at the price of “220 euros per person” concocted by the cook Christophe Leroy.
Attal says he has “no information on the participation of members of the government” in these dinners
He had ignited social networks, provoked reactions from the political class, and led to the opening of an investigation. Since then, Pierre-Jean Chalençon has returned to his statements, explaining that he wanted to make “humor”.
Government spokesman Gabriel Attal said for his part on April 8 that he had “no information on the participation of members of the government” in these dinners.
President Emmanuel Macron reminded the Council of Ministers that “all those who have responsibilities should be exemplary” in respect of measures to fight against Covid-19, and warned that there would be “no complacency” to the ‘respect for offenders, Attal added.
A search was carried out on April 8 at the Palais Vivienne, owned by Pierre-Jean Chalençon. Another search had already taken place the day before at the Parisian home of Christophe Leroy.
He “was able to provide a number of documents establishing that the services he performed were, as permitted by law, in private homes and not in establishments open to the public (ERP). type restaurant ”, had indicated his lawyer, Thierry Fradet.
“In any event and contrary to what has been said unprofessionally, no member of the government participated in the meals,” he added, denouncing a “bad trial” against his client.