Skip to content
Pele: Brazilian legend to leave intensive care this week, according to his daughter |  Football news

Pele will be released from intensive care in the coming days as the Brazilian footballer continues to recover from an operation, his daughter Kely Nascimento said.

The 80-year-old, who is the only male player to win three World Cups, has been hospitalized at Alberto Einstein Hospital in Sao Paulo since doctors removed a tumor from his colon earlier this month.

“He is doing well after the operation, he is not in pain and is in a good mood (pissed off that he can only eat jello but he will persevere!),” Nascimento said on Instagram.

“He’ll move into a regular room in a day or two, then go home.

“He’s strong and stubborn and with the support and care of Einstein’s brilliant team and all the love, energy and light the world sends, he will make it!”

The hospital said last Friday that Pelé was recovering satisfactorily.

Pelé has had mobility issues since a failed hip replacement in 2012 and cannot walk without assistance.

His public appearances were already cut off before the Covid-19 pandemic and since then he has made some unnecessary forays outside his home near Santos.

Pelé won the 1958, 1962 and 1970 World Cups and remains Brazil’s all-time top scorer with 77 goals in 92 appearances.





Source link