Skip to content
Patrick Poivre d’Arvor files a complaint against Florence Porcel for “slanderous denunciation” – RT in French

The former presenter of TF1 Patrick Poivre d’Arvor filed a complaint against Florence Porcel for “slanderous denunciation”. She accuses the journalist of having forced her to perform sexual acts and filed a complaint on February 15.

On March 30, the former presenter of the TF1 newspaper Patrick Poivre d’Arvor (PPDA) filed a complaint with the Nanterre public prosecutor’s office against the writer Florence Porcel for “slanderous denunciation”, reports AFP.

On February 15, Florence Porcel lodged a complaint against the journalist, now 73 years old, accusing him of having forced him to have sex in 2004 and fellatio in 2009. Last month, a preliminary investigation was opened by the Nanterre parquet floor.

In mid-March, a source familiar with the matter indicated that “multiple hearings” were underway, without filing an additional complaint. For its part, the newspaper The world collected around ten testimonies, posted online on March 15, reporting “abuse of a dominant position” on the part of Patrick Poivre d’Arvor over the years.

In the process, the prosecution of Nanterre regretted in a press release an “advertisement” which “complicates the work of investigation, undermines the presumption of innocence of the accused, and the privacy of the victims”. He deplores in particular “that all or part of the content of some of these hearings was published in the press, even before their full exploitation by the investigation service”.

PPDA “has never imposed any relationship whatsoever on anyone”

Several of these hearings concern possible witnesses of the facts denounced, or even people belonging to the professional environment of Patrick Poivre d’Arvor and Florence Porcel. “Other people spontaneously report to be heard,” it is also written in the press release.

Asked by AFP, Patrick Poivre d’Arvor’s lawyer, Philippe Naepels, denounced Wednesday a “media display” in which his client did not “participate[ait] not”. According to him, the former journalist “maintains and renews his statements”: Patrick Poivre d’Arvor “has never imposed on anyone any relationship whatsoever, and certainly not to Ms. Porcel”, a he said.

In an interview with Parisian, published on March 22, Florence Porcel indicated that she did not want to react to PPDA’s statements and to trust justice. “The investigation will establish the facts,” she said, saying she wanted “Patrick Poivre d’Arvor to be tried for his actions”.



Source link