Orange County prosecutors on Wednesday asked for the public’s help in finding possible additional victims of a music teacher accused of molesting two girls over several years.
Prosecutors allege Anthony Philip Bruccoliere of Costa Mesa assaulted two girls from the ages of 4 and 5 at multiple locations, including his music studio, between December 2008 and 2019.
Bruccoliere, nicknamed Tony, was arrested on February 11 after the two girls reported to authorities that the teacher had sexually assaulted them. The girls are now teenagers, prosecutors said.
Bruccoliere, 49, faces four counts of forcibly lewd acts on a child under 14, one count of sexually penetrating a child 10 or younger, five counts of aggravated sexual assault on a child and two counts of lewd and lascivious acts on a child under 14, according to Orange County Superior Court records.
He was released from jail late last month after posting $1million bail and is due to appear in court on Friday. He has yet to enter a plea, according to court records.
“He is shocked by the allegations and he is eager to prove that they are not true,” Bruccoliere’s attorney, Mark Fredrick, said Wednesday.
Bruccoliere faces a maximum sentence of 180 years to life if convicted on all counts.
Authorities suspect Bruccoliere’s position as a music teacher gave him access to other children who may have been molested. Potential victims or anyone with information about the case are asked to contact Det. Costa Mesa Police Department. Alicia De Furia at (714) 754-5364.
Public records indicate that Bruccoliere owned a music studio called Brucco Music in Orange. It is unclear if the studio is still open.
“This man has become a parent’s worst nightmare preying on innocent young girls,” Orange County Dist. Atti. Todd Spitzer said in a prepared statement. “The years of trauma these girls have had to endure are indescribable.”
Los Angeles Times