Business outlook 26.2
ANZ in the New Zealand Business Survey, here are the flash results for October.
Some of the points made by ANZ, this in (very) brief:
- the most forward-looking activity indicators remain or improve
- Investment intentions jumped 5 points
- hiring intentions decrease by 1 point
- Expected profitability rebounded 13 points, with just 3% net of companies expecting lower profits.
- Capacity utilization, which is normally well correlated with GDP, increased from 17% to 20%.
- Inflationary pressures remain intense, with inflation expectations still above 3% and price intentions dropping from 58% to 64% net of companies planning to raise their prices in the coming months