Chicagoans can get a taste of what’s to come in the coming months as Navy Pier hosts its Summer Sampler event, featuring live performances, food and fireworks.
The Pier event will take place on Chicago’s lakefront from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., featuring major food and drink offerings.
The event will also offer 50% off parking and Ferris wheel rides. Riverboat cruises on the Seadog will also be half price from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The fireworks will start at 9 p.m. Friday, although performances are scheduled every half hour. The shows will feature dance groups, DJs and a number of bands.
Despite light snow and cloud cover during the day, Chicago is expected to clear up in the evening and at night making it easier to view a fireworks display.
Here are a few deals running on Saturday:
- Free mini cocktail at Offshore
- Kilwins Free Mini Chocolate Bar
- Free samples from Garrett’s, Completely Nut, Giordano’s
- Mini Hot Dog Flights for $5 from America’s Dog and Burger
- Free empanada with the purchase of a margarita at Beat Kitchen
- Complimentary Wisconsin cheese curds and a “Henry’s Holiday” frozen cocktail from Tiny Tavern
- Free souvenir jars with the purchase of a Vodka Lemonade from Lettuce Entertain You at Big City Chicken
See the full list of offers here.
Bi-weekly fireworks will begin along the pier on June 1 and continue weekly on Wednesdays and Saturdays through August.
Live on the lake! and Chi-Soul Fest are also scheduled for the summer, starting May 28. On Tuesdays, Chicagoans can enjoy rush hour workouts and sunset yoga at Navy Pier.
Here is the complete program.