Jannah Theme License is not validated, Go to the theme options page to validate the license, You need a single license for each domain name.
Business

Mother of California teen sues McDonald’s following attack, saying staff ‘did nothing to intervene’


The mother of the 13-year-old girl attacked by a woman at a Southern California McDonald’s is suing the fast food giant and the alleged adult attacker.

The lawsuit, according to FOX 11, targets McDonald’s and Ariana Lauifi over a September incident at the Harbor City restaurant.

“I am heartbroken that my innocent daughter was beaten,” said Angelina Gray, Kassidy Jones’ mother. “McDonald’s staff and management did nothing to intervene. They all stood and watched.”

Kassidy Jones previously said she and her classmates stopped at the fast food restaurant on their way home from school on September 6. The 13-year-old girl said that’s where an unidentified woman cornered her and began attacking her.

13-YEAR-OLD GIRL ATTACKED AT MCDONALD’S IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AS BYSTANDERS TAKE OUT HER PHONE AND RECORD

“What are you all looking at? I’m fighting kids. I’m fighting you,” Kassidy remembers the woman saying.

Videos of the fight circulated on social media and showed Kassidy being dragged to the ground, punched and pulled by her hair.

The crowd can be heard shouting and recording the incident on their phones. The only person seen coming to Kassidy’s aid was a man who was apparently with the suspect.

Kassidy’s mother called the police and rushed her daughter to the hospital. A photo taken after the incident showed her with swelling and bruising.

SAN FRANCISCO MCDONALD’S DOWNTOWN LOCATION CLOSES AFTER 30 YEARS: ‘NOT RECOVERED SINCE THE PANDEMIC’

Kassidy said she did not know the suspect, who was later identified as 31-year-old Lauifi. According to FOX 11, Lauifi was arrested on September 28 on suspicion of child abuse.

“We were horrified to learn of this violent attack and our hearts go out to Kassidy and her family. Employees called the police when the fight began and we worked closely with local law enforcement to assist in their investigation.” said McDonald’s owner/operator Tawnie Blade in a statement to Fox News Digital shortly after the attack.

CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ON FOX BUSINESS

The family’s attorney, on the other hand, told FOX 11 that not enough has been done.

“McDonald’s has an obligation to provide its customers with a clean and safe place to dine. Kassidy’s injuries could have been avoided and she should have received some form of help after the attack. This situation should never have happened. happen,” Toni Jaramilla said. .

Gn bussni

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button