National News

Moscow responds to accusation of bombing a maternity hospital in Ukraine – RT Russia and the former Soviet Union


The facility had not been used by civilians for some time before it was hit, Lavrov said.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has denied Ukrainian allegations that Russian troops bombed a working maternity hospital in Ukraine. The building had been used as a base by the far-right Azov Battalion of the Ukrainian National Guard, the senior Russian diplomat said Thursday at a press conference in Turkey.

The hospital in question has been under the control of a Ukrainian paramilitary group for days and Moscow presented evidence of this to the UN Security Council several days ago, Lavrov said.

“The Azov Battalion and other radicals expelled all pregnant women, nurses and other staff. It was the base of the Azov ultra-radicals. he said after meeting his Ukrainian counterpart Dmytro Kuleba in Antalya, Turkey.

Lavrov added that the reports coming out of Ukraine that contradict this were obviously meant to “Manipulating World Public Opinion” on what is happening in the country, and he also chastised the Western media for their participation in the propaganda effort.

“I saw reports… which were really moving. Unfortunately, the other side of the situation, which would make it possible to form an objective opinion, was not put forward. said Lavrov.


The Russian diplomat was commenting on allegations raised by Ukraine that Russian troops deliberately attacked a medical facility in the city of Mariupol on Wednesday. Ukrainian officials said a Russian airstrike injured at least 17 people but killed no one.

Footage from the scene showed a heavily damaged building with broken medical equipment strewn inside and Ukrainian troops helping women, some of whom were carrying infants in their arms, who were believed to be survivors of a bomb attack .

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said in a video address Wednesday that the incident proved Russia was carrying out genocide against the Ukrainian people and called on other nations to end Russian atrocities.

Earlier Thursday, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov commented on the allegations, suggesting that the details are rather vague and that it is best to invite the Russian military for details.

“We will definitely ask our military. You and I don’t have definitive information about what happened there. he told reporters.

You can share this story on social media:


RT

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.

Eleon

"Writer. Coffee practitioner. Twitter specialist. Food trailblazer. Subtly charming analyst. Troublemaker. Unable to type with boxing gloves on."
Back to top button