Morocco puts 6.1 billion dirhams to attract 17.5 million tourists in 2026
A framework partnership agreement for the deployment of the strategic roadmap for the tourism sector 2023-2026 was signed under the chairmanship of Aziz Akhannouch. The roadmap has a budget envelope of 6.1 billion dirhams with the aim of attracting 17.5 million tourists, creating 200,000 new direct and indirect jobs and generating 120 billion dirhams in voyages is designing some by 2026.
The head of government, Aziz Akhannouchcarried out this Friday, March 17, 2023 in Rabat, the signing ceremony of the framework partnership agreement for the deployment of the tourism sector strategic roadmap 2023-2026, announces a press release.
In the introduction, the Head of Government recalled the positive achievements of the tourism sector in 2022 and the planetary exposure experienced by Morocco during the 2022 World Cup and more recently following the Kingdom’s candidacy for the organization of the cup. of the World 2030 alongside Spain and Portugal.
On his side, Fatima Zahra Ammor, Minister of Tourism, Crafts and the Social and Solidarity Economy, specified that the Kingdom provided around 11 million tourists in 2022, representing a recovery rate of 84% of arrivals in 2019, exceeding the world average by 63%. The sector also recovered 116% of foreign currency travel receipts compared to 2019.
The Minister also underlined that this recovery period has made it possible to carry out a fundamental reflection on the Moroccan tourism of tomorrow, and thus to set the ambitious vision of doubling the number of arrivals to 26 million by 2030.
The objectives of the new tourism roadmap in Morocco
With an envelope dedicated to the roadmap of 6.1 billion dirhams over 4 years, the latter aims to:
– Attract 17.5 million tourists in 2026;
– Reach 120 billion quoted recipes by 2026.
– Create 200,000 new direct and indirect jobs by 2026;
– Reposition tourism as a key sector in thenational economy ;
What Morocco will change to achieve its goals in tourism
To achieve these objectives, this roadmap intends to transform the tourism sector by acting on all the essential levers, namely:
– A new logic of the offer articulated around customer experience and structured around 9 thematic streams and 5 cross-cutting streams;
– An offensive plan to double the air capacity ;
– Strengthening of promotion and marketingwith particular emphasis on digital ;
– Product diversificationcultural events and of hobbies with the emergence of a fabric of SME dynamic and modern;
– The upgrade of the hotel park existing and the creation of new hotel capacities ;
– Strengthening of human capitalthanks to an attractive framework of training and of Human Resource Managementto improve the quality of the sector and offer better career prospects to young people;
The new organization of the tourism sector in Morocco
In order to guarantee the success of this roadmap and translate it into reality, a new governance has been put in place through the creation of:
– A National Interministerial Commission for Tourism (CNIT) executed by the Head of Government and composed of the signatory parties;
– Two national commissions, the air commission and the product fee ” Offer demand ”
– Twelve regional plan monitoring commissions paid by the Wali of each Region;
– A scentral animation structure and regional coordination structures, relays at the local level.
– Of the Pulse Laboratories institutionalizing the dialogue between the public and the private sector, each made up of a multidisciplinary team.
Ministers who signed the 2023-2026 Tourism Roadmap Convention
Signed the Framework Agreement on the Tourism Roadmap 2023-2026:
– Abdelouafi LAFTITMinister of the Interior
– Fatima Zahra AMMORMinister of Tourism, Handicrafts and Social and Solidarity Economy
– Mohamed ABDELJALILMinister of Transport and Logistics
– Mohamed Mehdi BENSAIDMinister of Youth, Culture and Communication
– Faouzi LEKJAAMinister Delegate to the Minister of Economy and Finance, in charge of the Budget
– Hamid BENTAHARPresident of the National Confederation of Tourism
Read also: Tourism: 19 million overnight stays by Morocco in 2022
Read also: SMIT: tourism investments up 15% compared to 2019