NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
A Missouri home caught fire after a dog inside managed to ignite the kitchen stove, sparking a grease fire, officials say.
The incident – which was captured by the homeowner’s security camera – unfolded Friday morning in Parkville, just outside of Kansas City, according to Chris Denney, fire protection division chief from Southern Platte.
“New devices are being seen with touch controls that activate with the touch of a finger. An animal’s paw can also activate these types of controls,” Denney said in a statement to Fox News Digital.
“Please use built-in safety features if available on devices when not in use and accessible to children and/or pets,” he added.
ARIZONA WOMAN TRYING TO SAVE DOG HELD ON TREE IN CANAL FOR 18 HOURS
Denney said only two dogs were inside the home when the fire started.
Video released by the Southern Platte Fire Protection District shows for the first time one of the dogs standing on its hind legs looking over the stove with its paws on the hob. The dog then falls back to the ground.
Next, footage shows smoke filling the kitchen before the stove finally ignites.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Denney told Fox News Digital that the grease in “a pan from dinner the night before” had ignited.
Both dogs were rescued, but footage released by firefighters showed extensive damage inside the home.